Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brand New Car Driven after Arriving at Dealership

Cameron_21

Hi there,

A bit of a strange one here! I received an email on Saturday from the MyToyota website to notify me that my brand new Corolla has arrived at the dealership.

I'm having the car delivered to me from the dealership.

I logged into the website and enabled the "Connected" feature to keep track of my car location and driving analytics.
I haven't heard anything from the dealership recently so I logged onto the website and noticed that my car had been driven away from the dealership address to an industrial area 6 miles away! The strange thing is the Toyota website has the mileage as 3 miles.

My order form says 0 mileage on delivery.

Does anyone know if it is common practice for this to happen!?

Moved to the Corolla club.

Does the dealer do new car preparation at a different site to the showroom?

At the end of the day, some minimal mileage is usually on new cars when customers take delivery - movement around the distribution centre, around the dealer's premises, loading on and off transporters, etc, etc.  I've had 21 new cars and every one has had a handful of miles recorded.

• Like 1

When we had a new Corolla in France in 2007 it had 7km on it!

Are you thinking they damaged it and having the paintwork repaired? May just be cleaning it.

14 hours ago, Cameron_21 said:

Hi there,

A bit of a strange one here! I received an email on Saturday from the MyToyota website to notify me that my brand new Corolla has arrived at the dealership.

I'm having the car delivered to me from the dealership.

I logged into the website and enabled the "Connected" feature to keep track of my car location and driving analytics.
I haven't heard anything from the dealership recently so I logged onto the website and noticed that my car had been driven away from the dealership address to an industrial area 6 miles away! The strange thing is the Toyota website has the mileage as 3 miles.

My order form says 0 mileage on delivery.

Does anyone know if it is common practice for this to happen!?

Was the car delivered to the dealer's showroom site then moved to the industrial estate or was it actually delivered to the dealer's workshop on the industrial estate (with 3 miles on the clock) ready for preparation? The dealer would refer to this as "arrived at dealership".

Provided there are no Macdonalds wrappers in the back when it's delivered you should be ok, fingers crossed it's not a rainy day, difficult to check the paintwork when wet😀  As everyone has noted, nominal mileages are fairly standard on new cars.  My car had a Brucie Bonus on collection, the dash cam installation footage of the servicing bays and staff wandering around and the careful manoeuvring of the car back into the vehicle park.

• Like 1

In large cities and towns, it is quite common to have separate showroom/PDI/Workshops because of space. This could be the reason perhaps?

• Like 1