Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery acid corroding my components

Ms.SENA

Hello everyone my name is Dene like Rene but with a D. Anyways i truly love my car my mom always told me to get to know your vehicle listen to the sounds it makes i i take care of my car . please someone help me ...This is my second Battery i had to buy . I have 2009 Toyota yaris my car Battery is leaking Battery acid on my wires and everything else that under my motor mount ()

Hi, 

this needs to be cleaned properly and Battery checked why is leaking. If any cracks on the Battery case you will need to replace it. If you learning about cars best to take the car to someone with experience to deal with and you can watching him and help, if you do it yourself be careful and use gloves, protective glasses and make sure all acid is cleaned away from the car. Google how to clean dry acid, liquid acid and follow up procedures. Make sure all surfaces and parts are clean and acid free. 
Good luck and remember safety first. 👍

It may be over charging. If you don't know how to measure this, it may be wortwhile having an auto electrician take a quick look at it.

I agree with the above post. If a second Battery is also leaking/venting acid then this is a sure sign over overcharging (alternator voltage to high).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links