Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drivers seat belt not working.

Chris Dance

Our Gen 4 Prius went into local dealer for full 4th year service on 18th Feb.  On 23rd Feb I inadvertently drove a short way without putting on the seat belt. I had no warning I was driving without the seat belt fitted. I cannot be sure it was working prior to the service as I do not usually drive without fitting the seat belt. I rang the dealer this morning and inquired if they disable the seat belt warning during service. They assured me they do not. I have booked the car in tomorrow to get the fault sorted. A chap at the dealers said you have to be driving at over 20 MPH without a seat belt on to get a warning. Surely that is not correct. Am I right you need software to disable the seat belt warning? Any ideas would be appreciated

Any mention of this in your Owners Manual Chris ?

2-5mph sets the seatbelt alarm off in the yaris (My passenger forgot) - belt on before starting the car means you never forget

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, flash22 said:

2-5mph sets the seatbelt alarm off in the yaris (My passenger forgot) - belt on before starting the car means you never forget

Spot on Bob. It is a discipline which must be followed.

As with honesty, did you know that if one always tells the truth, one never has to remember what one said to whom.😊😊 

Yes, you can check, turn off or on the seat belt alarm if you have suitable obd 2 adapter, I have done mine with Carista and iPhone. Really handy device. 👍

0A784087-6BFA-4E75-9258-3784DDB86F99.jpeg

19 hours ago, Chris Dance said:

Our Gen 4 Prius went into local dealer for full 4th year service on 18th Feb.  On 23rd Feb I inadvertently drove a short way without putting on the seat belt. I had no warning I was driving without the seat belt fitted. I cannot be sure it was working prior to the service as I do not usually drive without fitting the seat belt. I rang the dealer this morning and inquired if they disable the seat belt warning during service. They assured me they do not. I have booked the car in tomorrow to get the fault sorted. A chap at the dealers said you have to be driving at over 20 MPH without a seat belt on to get a warning. Surely that is not correct. Am I right you need software to disable the seat belt warning? Any ideas would be appreciated

Have you had the recall done for the drivers seat belt buckle, where they fit a new buckle?  

I had mine done last year, not sure what the recall does though, but maybe a wiring issue?

Stephen you are correct I did have the recall on the drivers seat belt buckle. I have just returned from the dealer and the fault was a loose connection under the drivers seat. I suspect the warning has never worked since that recall. It is something that is not checked as usually it is "clunk click every trip". I am assured it is sorted and there was no charge. Thanks to a good Toyota dealer.

• Like 1