Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Toyota Rav4 Battery goes dead.

EllisLee

My 2019 Rav4 Battery has gone dead 4 times its now at garage they are trying to find what's draining the Battery they put a new Battery in and it went flat in 6 days. Starting to look into lemon law if its not fixed this time. This time it will be in for service 6 days and haven't any word on it.

Toyota traced problem back to a sensor that monitors the amount of charge going to Battery. They think this will solve problem they are keeping it two more days to be sure its solved. Time will tell I'm still skeptical. Will keep you all up to date.

Car has been to dealer 7 times can't fix it. Going to attorney on Pennsylvania lemon law will keep you posted.

Merged with previous topic and moved to the Rav4 club.

In the United states there is an update

T-SB-0095-20 supposed to fix a parasitic drain on the 12v Battery .ask dealer .

Got my 2019 Rav4 back from dealer today its been there since Feb 17 with Battery going dead problem.

Its been in seven times.

They found a sensor that was bad it regulated amount of juice that was going to the Battery.

On 2/20/2021 at 5:06 AM, EllisLee said:

My 2019 Rav4 battery has gone dead 4 times its now at garage they are trying to find what's draining the battery they put a new battery in and it went flat in 6 days. Starting to look into lemon law if its not fixed this time. This time it will be in for service 6 days and haven't any word on it.

Rav 4 is home after 7 service attempts found bad sensor that regulated amount of juice going to Battery. Last time it was in for service Feb 17th to March 4th.

They were very good gave me a 2018 Rav 4 loaner.

On 2/24/2021 at 2:35 PM, EllisLee said:

Car has been to dealer 7 times can't fix it. Going to attorney on Pennsylvania lemon law will keep you posted.

Rav4 is home they found a bad sensor that regulates juice going to Battery.  Last time it was in for service from Feb 17 to March 4th. They were great and gave me a 2018  Rav4 as a loaner, with full tank of gas also next time in with mine they are going to fill gas tank free.

21 hours ago, EllisLee said:

Got my 2019 Rav4 back from dealer today its been there since Feb 17 with battery going dead problem.

Its been in seven times.

They found a sensor that was bad it regulated amount of juice that was going to the battery.

They were great and gave me a 2018 RV4 loaner with full tank of gas. Next time I'm in with my car they are going to give me a full tank of gas free.

Glad to hear it's fixed, but if the Battery has been drained seven or more times, don't expect it to last much longer. It's probably got less than 20% capacity left, and I'd expect that to fade quite soon.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links