Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

UK E10 petrol introduction date.

FROSTYBALLS

The E10 labels state 'up to E10', in the same way that E5 labels state 'up to E5'. So essentially the E10 labels cover E5 fuel.

In any case Government require that E10 labels are displayed before the introduction of E10 (September), so the fuel companies don't have any choice in re-labelling their pumps during the time leading up to September.

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The E10 labels state 'up to E10', in the same way that E5 labels state 'up to E5'. So essentially the E10 labels cover E5 fuel.

In any case Government require that E10 labels are displayed before the introduction of E10 (September), so the fuel companies don't have any choice in re-labelling their pumps during the time leading up to September.

Sainsbury’s labels do not say up to they just say E10

thus if you are right it is misleading the public therefore illegal

if I am right E 10 has been sold since 1st June

I would suggest we leave it there or I can give you the gps coordinates of said garage and you can see for yourself 

Not bothered.

Hi guys.

Sorry if I am in the wrong top but I hope someone can help.

I have a Japanese built Toyota Vitz (2002) and I checked the government's site to see whether I need to change to E10 or not., but they only refers to European built Toyota's.

Can anyone help me please.

Thanks

David

15 minutes ago, DavidFH said:

they only refers to European built Toyota's.

The UK Government advice would relate to vehicles built for the European market - not necessarily built in Europe.

The following Australian guidance on E10 compatibility doesn't discount the Vitz/Yaris, so you may be OK. If in doubt, super unleaded will continue as E5.

Can my vehicle operate on Ethanol blend petrol? | Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries (fcai.com.au)

Hi Frostyballs,

Thanks,

I checked the Ozzy site and though they show exceptions for some Toyota models, neither Vitz or Yaris are mentioned.

All other models seem to be ok on E10.

David

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all I have a Prius 2014 does anyone know if it is ok to use e10 fuel .It is not a import. Most grateful  for any advise on this issue.

Thank

susi

43 minutes ago, susiprius said:

Hi all I have a Prius 2014 does anyone know if it is ok to use e10 fuel .It is not a import. Most grateful  for any advise on this issue.

Thank

susi

All EUDM toyotas made post-1998 are e10 compatible.

if my old starlet is meant to take it then I’m almost 100% sure your Prius can.

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-e10-petrol

You can also check on the government site.

6 hours ago, AF557 said:

All EUDM toyotas made post-1998 are e10 compatible.

No - see:

Toyota Europe information on which cars cannot use E10 is as follows:

Toyota; Avensis 2,0 L (1AZ-FSE) made between July 2000 and October 2008;  Avensis 2,4 L (2AZ-FSE) made between June 2003 and October 2008.

Lexus; IS250 2,5 L V6 made between August 2005 and September 2007; GS300 3,0 L V6 made between January 2005 and September 2007; LS460 4,6 L V8 made between August 2006 and September 2007.

16 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

No - see:

Toyota Europe information on which cars cannot use E10 is as follows:

Toyota; Avensis 2,0 L (1AZ-FSE) made between July 2000 and October 2008;  Avensis 2,4 L (2AZ-FSE) made between June 2003 and October 2008.

Lexus; IS250 2,5 L V6 made between August 2005 and September 2007; GS300 3,0 L V6 made between January 2005 and September 2007; LS460 4,6 L V8 made between August 2006 and September 2007.

I’m aware of the AZ engine exceptions, it even mentions those on the government site
i made a generalisation as that’s 2 engines out of a vast majority that are e10 compliant

• 2 weeks later...

I have checked various sites but are still unsure if my 2008 Toyota aygo can use the new e10 fuel please advise

15 minutes ago, Cazzie55 said:

I have checked various sites but are still unsure if my 2008 Toyota aygo can use the new e10 fuel please advise

Yes it can.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 8:48 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

FWIW, in France E10 is all I have used for the last 5 years, except by accident when I have bought E5, but 95 octane, by mistake. E10 is always cheaper than E5 at the same octane rating.

It’s confusing that E5 is also the designation of 98 octane petrol over here.

I have filled up twice within the last week, will I have had the new fuel yet?

So far not noticed any changes in MPG yet.

With the new fuel changes and the risk of cat theft, it has spurred me on to going electric.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a Rav 4   2008 2ltr  Petrol,   the motor  code is 1az fse same as the Avensis looks like Im  E5 from now on.🥵

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links