Do Not Sell My Personal Information

E10 petrol

pakman

Think you will need to contact Toyota to get a definitive answer.

Can't see why not, particularly on a 2007 model..I know there may be exceptions on certain models but generally I thought pretty much all (later model)Toyotas would be able to run ok on E10..I'm sure I read somewhere that mpg might be affected slightly.? (ie..lower mpg)

The problem appears to be significant. It is believed that the higher bioethanol content in E10 petrol could dislodge deposits in older engines and fuel systems, causing blockages; it could also cause some seals, gaskets, metals and plastics to corrode. 

See:

Toyota says that the Avensis 2.4 petrol is unsuitable for E10 - depends whether the Estima 2.4 is the same engine, which is why I advised to contact Toyota.

I've looked into this . From memory the 2.4 from 2003 to 2008 not suitable ! I've just bought one ! 🙄 However, I also read an article that basically said not to worry. Now not entirely sure about this but apparently in America they have been using E10 out there for decades without issue. The article said it shouldn't be an issue. I'm going with that. 

• 6 months later...