Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Hilux 2021 Problems

tompointer

Hi

I've purchase a new Hilux 2021 Invinvible X in the UK, 5 weeks Old, 1500 miles into ownership had a 'check engine  visit your dealer' followed by a 'Pre-Collision System failure' visit your dealer warning in the display.

Dealer diagnose a faulty NOx sensor, parts are on back order, so kindly to get me back on the road, swapped the sensor from another Hilux in their stock!!  the faulty sensor also caused the Collision fault.

To my shock i was also informed of a crack in the windscreen, with no evidence of impact damage from external objects, fortunately warranty accepted the claim from the main dealer, as it could possibly be caused through jacking up the vehicle ? gosh imagine the twisting that could happen off road !!

Again windscreens are on back order from Belgium so my replacement is being sourced from South Africa.

I must say i'm shocked at the limited availability of parts for the new model, along with no availability of a courtesy car- shame on you Toyota.

Has anyone else had issues with the new Hilux ?

It isn't Toyota who provides courtesy cars, it is the dealer. 

I do feel sorry for your first world problems but you do read the news don’t you?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 7:27 PM, tompointer said:

Hi

I've purchase a new Hilux 2021 Invinvible X in the UK, 5 weeks Old, 1500 miles into ownership had a 'check engine  visit your dealer' followed by a 'Pre-Collision System failure' visit your dealer warning in the display.

Dealer diagnose a faulty NOx sensor, parts are on back order, so kindly to get me back on the road, swapped the sensor from another Hilux in their stock!!  the faulty sensor also caused the Collision fault.

To my shock i was also informed of a crack in the windscreen, with no evidence of impact damage from external objects, fortunately warranty accepted the claim from the main dealer, as it could possibly be caused through jacking up the vehicle ? gosh imagine the twisting that could happen off road !!

Again windscreens are on back order from Belgium so my replacement is being sourced from South Africa.

I must say i'm shocked at the limited availability of parts for the new model, along with no availability of a courtesy car- shame on you Toyota.

Hi Tom

i have a 2021 invincible x new in jan on  my 2nd windscreen which is also cracked straight in the middle. 

Hi Dave

So far it has been good since, the original crack roughly 2ft long was in the central part of the screen below the wipers, running parallel to them.

Upon collection the dealer said another 2 new hilux's had been in with cracked screens !

Not looking great. Hilux on back order now till January, tells me there’s an obvious issue. I’m guessing chassis flex is the cause as it pushes the screen out from the crack which starts in the bottom centre of screen.

• 1 month later...

I also purchased a new hilux 2021 4 weeks ago and windscreen just cracked in the middle while driving through the town .No impact. 

• 1 month later...

I purschased a new hilux 2.8 2021 and windscreen cracked in the middle while I  have parked in my garage.My problem  is that my dealer - here in Greece - didn't accept my warranty and he wants to repair the damage through my car insurance. I would like to ask you,   did your dealer regognize this as known issue with the faulty windscreen? 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes the dealer had to contact  Toyota warranty, the cracked screen had no other damage on it such as stone chips.

• 3 weeks later...

My screen has just cracked in the bottom middle of screen, no impact, happened overnight parked in my yard!

I haven’t taken it to the dealer but hopefully they will sort under warranty

love the truck but this isn’t looking good for a 4x4 truck and a brand built on reliability!!

Hi Im looking at the second replacement on mine, feel like im about to get fobbed off.  Mine has had a broken windscreen for most of its life. I mentioned chassis flex and was told it was a heater issue.

Not a great advert for Toyota.

If it breaks again its going back for good.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 

mine has just came up with check engine 

pre collision failure is this definitely the nox sensor because I’ve been told it’s not that

• 1 month later...

Hello

I bought a Toyota Hilux Invisible brand new last September, I just noticed a crack on the windscreen, this is the third time, I have driven and had cars in the UK for over 30 years and this is the first time I will have a cracked windscreen and to then have 3 within a year is not on. Could this be a problem with this model?

• 2 months later...

new toyota hilux in 2020 10 month diesel fuel kw to a tank full 80 l to i run out of diesel no weight on ute 730kw toyota sad that good kw that about 11.3 to the 100kw want a **** box i buy from toyota 

I’m on my second cracked windscreen in 9 months on my 21 Invincible X. No impact damage. Crack starts at the bottom in the centre of the windscreen and creeps up the screen. It’s a design fault in the screen!

• 4 weeks later...

Had my 2.8 Hilux Invincible X 21 plate for 9 months from new very pleased with it until I found a crack in the windscreen which happened while parked up overnight, this seems to be a common fault with this model.3F823E35-FE8D-4743-A349-59FA83DCC77C.thumb.jpeg.f4523890e8a6b6c73b768155d97f0175.jpeg

2021 Facelift Hilux Invincible X 2.8 
DPF burned out and melted the exhaust sensors  Also Check engine -  'Pre-Collision System failure warning to visit a Toyota dealer 

Toyota Europe don’t have any DPF filters available until mid February / My problems started mid December Now Doesn’t give you Top Gear but giving great mpg now 35 miles to the gallon /  before it was only doing 23 miles to the gallon. I suppose at Lease that’s better , but down on power, Had to bring the my hilux home because I need it for work my tools & tow bar / I didn’t pay £45,000 for a Hilux  and then start looking for a hire vehicle , I just want another hilux until mine is repaired, or a new Vehicle, Sadly I’ve Losing confidence in Toyotas ability To resolve this matter and Can’t believe how badly it been handled ,,, The hilux was only 10 months old when about this problems started & less than 7500miles, Still hasn’t had its first service, I have asked Toyota Europe for compensation,They said they would discuss this after the vehicle has been repaired. 

834B90B8-3FC1-40F8-AAF9-564E82413738.jpeg

47AA7B3D-3183-4B55-98A3-01F1000F04DE.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Hilux InvincibleX 2020 plate and my windscreen has cracked in the middle at the bottom too without any impact. Will update the forum as this has been submitted today as a warranty claim by the dealer

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All 

Had a Hilux Invincible for a year now clocked up 50k untroubled miles, never missed a beat until I left the dealer after a service and the headlight washer jets got stuck on. Obviously emptied the tank of water, took it straight back to the dealer who pulled the fuse and said they would take a look another time.

Fast forward and now there is water ingress in the wiring loom/motor circuit board. Toyota do not want to put it back together in case it causes further damage to any other electrics which is fine, the bad news is it's off the road from today until they can get the new parts which won't be till the 23rd of April.

Not had a windscreen issue though 😜

• 2 weeks later...

Update. Crack in Windscreen successfully fixed under warranty by Inchcape after they contacted Toyota head office. As mentioned this was a centre bottom crack that started at the edge like everyone else’s.

• 1 year later...
On 1/20/2022 at 11:57 PM, Jkglass said:

2021 Facelift Hilux Invincible X 2.8 
DPF burned out and melted the exhaust sensors  Also Check engine -  'Pre-Collision System failure warning to visit a Toyota dealer 

Toyota Europe don’t have any DPF filters available until mid February / My problems started mid December Now Doesn’t give you Top Gear but giving great mpg now 35 miles to the gallon /  before it was only doing 23 miles to the gallon. I suppose at Lease that’s better , but down on power, Had to bring the my hilux home because I need it for work my tools & tow bar / I didn’t pay £45,000 for a Hilux  and then start looking for a hire vehicle , I just want another hilux until mine is repaired, or a new Vehicle, Sadly I’ve Losing confidence in Toyotas ability To resolve this matter and Can’t believe how badly it been handled ,,, The hilux was only 10 months old when about this problems started & less than 7500miles, Still hasn’t had its first service, I have asked Toyota Europe for compensation,They said they would discuss this after the vehicle has been repaired. 

834B90B8-3FC1-40F8-AAF9-564E82413738.jpeg

47AA7B3D-3183-4B55-98A3-01F1000F04DE.jpeg

Hi , any news about solving this problem ?

On 2/26/2021 at 8:27 PM, tompointer said:

Hi

Did u solve the problem ?

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2023 at 11:07 PM, Toyaloha said:

Did u solve the problem ?

Also in my case my toyota delear replaced my widescreen  as a warranty claim. 

Why are Toyota just replacing windscreens when it sounds like a flexing issue causing the screens to break. Have Toyota come up with a proper fix? No good just changing windscreens, hoping the vehicle will eventually be out of warranty and not their problem. An expensive fault for future owners.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links