Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Pressure Warning System

Roy124

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The life of TPMS sensor batteries is anticipated to be anywhere between five and ten years. If a sensor battery dies, the TPMS warning light will stay on as the system is no longer monitoring pressures. As the car is around 8 years old, may be worth getting the sensors checked.

Bear in mind it is an MOT fail if the TPMS warning light is illuminated.

Delbois hasnt updated his profile, further up he mentions that this is on a 2020 car

• Like 1

Delbois - see pm.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Delbois - see pm.

Cheers Frosty... I thought I'd added the new car but must have forgotten to save... thanks for the heads up... sorted 👍

Went for a 20 mile drive today but TPWS light still solid. I've also noticed the warning light flashes for a minute when the car is started. The manual states this is indicative of a faulty TPWS system so I'll get it checked during the next service. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, delbois said:

Went for a 20 mile drive today but TPWS light still solid. I've also noticed the warning light flashes for a minute when the car is started. The manual states this is indicative of a faulty TPWS system so I'll get it checked during the next service. 

Discussed with Toyota dealer service manager today who said the TPWS issue was not one they'd come across with the Corolla before.  He confirmed it could wait until the service in June to be checked out. 

4 hours ago, delbois said:

Discussed with Toyota dealer service manager today who said the TPWS issue was not one they'd come across with the Corolla before.  He confirmed it could wait until the service in June to be checked out. 

My pet hate response, along with, "We dont stock that,  never been asked for it" 👿

12 hours ago, Timh21 said:

My pet hate response, along with, "We dont stock that,  never been asked for it" 👿

Perhaps better than, "I'm sorry Sir, there is such a demand for that it is out of stock."  Sub text, even when we get you one you will soon be back for another 🙂

Once had a speedometer cable break, the new part was waiting for me on the counter and the storeman told me how to change it and how to make the tool necessary for access.  The final bit was don't put that nut back on.  Fortunately it didn't break again.

13 hours ago, Timh21 said:

Or as I was told by my Honda dealer when I reported my door mirrors randomly folding in and out while driving 'We can't do anything until they actually fail or start doing it continuously'.

• 7 months later...
On 3/8/2021 at 3:21 PM, delbois said:

Hi, I am in the same situation. TPWS light blinks for around a minute and then goes solid. Can't reset it.

I was just wondering what the problem and the fix was?

1 hour ago, Sutork said:

Hi, I am in the same situation. TPWS light blinks for around a minute and then goes solid. Can't reset it.

I was just wondering what the problem and the fix was?

Hi - it turned out to be a faulty valve unit on the rear OS wheel. A new one was fitted by the dealer under warranty and it's been fine ever since. Apparently the diagnostics software only identifies the ID no. of each unit and its pressure reading but NOT its actual location on the car. Identifying which unit is faulty involves letting pressure out of each tyre in turn until the one showing the fault code registers a drop. 

2 hours ago, delbois said:

Hi - it turned out to be a faulty valve unit on the rear OS wheel. A new one was fitted by the dealer under warranty and it's been fine ever since. Apparently the diagnostics software only identifies the ID no. of each unit and its pressure reading but NOT its actual location on the car. Identifying which unit is faulty involves letting pressure out of each tyre in turn until the one showing the fault code registers a drop. 

I think that's by design so that you can swap the wheels front to back and keep the wear balanced without the system having a hissy fit. Not very common practice here in the UK but it is in other markets.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links