Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need help front washer jet

Tabby9

I have a 2012 yaris but my screen washer jet for the front comes out like this. The back one works. I’ve tried to unblock using a needle no success the pump works I can hear it. Can anyone please help. 

Is the nozzle all plastic or does it have 'pin holes'.

Does it look like this where the water comes out? If it does then those little dental brushes are a perfect fit.

Screenshot 2021-02-27 194929.jpg

Or if you have access to the hoses, disconnect one, blow some pressurized air, or some water through it.

That's a bit different to the picture I posted.

@furtulas suggestion of compressed air would be the next on the list to try. You can get cans of this stuff at Poundland so worth a try. It has a 'straw' to attach to the can nozzle... they are pretty powerful. You can also use the can upside down (it works as a liquid freezer spray if you do that) and that can be tried as well. It can sometimes shift and break up gunge.

Another thought... maybe other have experience on this. Can the pump in the washer bottle cause this? I'm thinking of reversible pumps that operate the front and rear washers by changing rotation direction. Gunged up? Hosepipe in the washer bottle to try and clean it.

See what others think to that.

All good suggestions, I can add the following as another possible way.: if you can remove these from the car, take them into a bow of warm water and oust descaler or Cialit Bang, something that removes scale. Clean them with toothbrush and something like a pin inside the hole . Sometimes a scale builds up on anything that water goes through and causes  problems. , and of course it’s so hard can’t be removed with anything other than dascalers. 

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Sometimes a scale builds up on anything that water goes through and causes  problems. , and of course it’s so hard can’t be removed with anything other than dascalers. 

That's why I use water from the de-humidifier in the washer bottle (and the steam iron and steam mop).

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 8:21 PM, Mooly said:

That's a bit different to the picture I posted.

@furtulas suggestion of compressed air would be the next on the list to try. You can get cans of this stuff at Poundland so worth a try. It has a 'straw' to attach to the can nozzle... they are pretty powerful. You can also use the can upside down (it works as a liquid freezer spray if you do that) and that can be tried as well. It can sometimes shift and break up gunge.

Another thought... maybe other have experience on this. Can the pump in the washer bottle cause this? I'm thinking of reversible pumps that operate the front and rear washers by changing rotation direction. Gunged up? Hosepipe in the washer bottle to try and clean it.

See what others think to that.

I tried the air spray no success. I also tried the hose in the washer bottle didn’t help. There’s just not enough pressure I think

Oh dear... if you suspect lack of pressure then that is either the pump or a blockage somewhere. Once the 'easy' things have been tried it all gets a bit more difficult diagnosing it at a distance.

If you can locate a join in the hose to the nozzle you could disconnect the pipe and try and make a judgement call on what the flow out of the open pipe was like. You could also try blowing through the nozzle end of the pipe to see if that did any good.

Beyond that and if you are sure the nozzle is OK and that the flow to the nozzle is poor then its probably going to mean a new pump. There are lots of videos on YouTube showing the basics of what is involved. As always on any car job, access and dismantling is always the problem at a diy level.   

Have you tried descaling? You can mix some warm water 40C° with oust and pour it into your tank, work out something that the sprayed water goes into something, not the paint work , pump half the dose and stop, wait 15 min then pump out the rest of the solution, fill with clean water same amount and flush the system again, see if any improvements, if yes fill up with windscreen wash quality one, not Asda or Tesco .  You can also spray cialit bang directly into the nozzles and clean with brush, any products of these keep away from paint work, as those are acids. 👍

54 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

You can mix some warm water 40C° with oust

What on earth's oust?

4 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

What on earth's oust?

Descaler , I do my espresso machine with it and works great, might help in his case too., I haven’t tried yet on the car but the idea I gave with oust and cialit bang worked very well on some kitchen taps in a new property that been unoccupied for a year and all taps filters were blocked.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303615804972 Tesco sells those cheaper 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links