Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade 2015 Aygo reversing cam

littlesylar

Hi,

Is it possible to upgrade the reversing cam on my Aygo as it was the 2015 model that didn't have the gridlines shown.

If so any idea on cost?

I don't know if you can upgrade, but I find that with a combination of stick on blind spot mirrors and the reversing camera, I never really use the lines. If you haven't got them, then they're a cheaper way of giving you extra visibility for reversing.

86790-0H011 £380 plus vat, new (retail)

£40-50 quid used on the likes of eBay

When I upgraded my daughter's 2014 Aygos stereo unit to the latest Carplay/Android auto headunit with the 3 knobs in the front, I was expecting it to have the guidelines, but it doesn't.

I have heard that people do have the guidelines, so I guess it's in the settings menu which I can't find or they added (or took away) the guidelines in earlier or later stereo head units.

They are a camera overlay enabled by the camera, remove the camera and see what the part number is, base model cars didn't get the guidelines

• Like 1

Thanks for that, didn't know that.

Pointless removing the camera to see part number, because it must be the base model then, as I know my way around most UI systems and there is definitely nothing in the settings.

Beats me (apart from money), why Toyota would do one camera with and one without guidelines, it's no wonder why car dealer parts people are always scratching their heads !!!  They just make it hard for themselves.

The pioneer systems are a lot easier to get into than the Touch 2 models, you can change backgrounds and boot screens with the pioneer