Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Faulty multimedia program cannot be read

Denis Pinto

Can anybody help me out? Just bought an avensis estate reg 60 from a friend, the car had been idled for 3 months in his garage, Battery was flat and he changed it, as most of you know the multimedia shows the message to contact a dealer and Asian words. Following some topics in here I’d bought the dvd to update the system but the thing is, the media won’t insert the cd, don’t know if it’s the sensor when you get the cd close it swallows it or it’s hell broken now, have anybody had this issue before? I might as well give the car back to him than having it without the media. 
appreciate any help,

What model radio ? is it the one with 2 drives behind the screen did you push the eject button to make sure there is nothing in the drive ?

Can anybody help me out? Just bought an avensis estate reg 60 from a friend, the car had been idled for 3 months in his garage, Battery was flat and he changed it, as most of you know the multimedia shows the message to contact a dealer and Asian words. Following some topics in here I’d bought the dvd to update the system but the thing is, the media won’t insert the cd, don’t know if it’s the sensor when you get the cd close it swallows it or it’s hell broken now, have anybody had this issue before? I might as well give the car back to him than having it without the media. 
appreciate any help,

8295BC6A-DD35-4D21-912D-FA56D385BFAE.jpeg

Topics merged.

40 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Topics merged.

What does that mean? 

It means your previous topic has been merged with this one as both are on the same subject.

14 hours ago, Denis Pinto said:

Can anybody help me out? Just bought an avensis estate reg 60 from a friend, the car had been idled for 3 months in his garage, battery was flat and he changed it, as most of you know the multimedia shows the message to contact a dealer and Asian words. Following some topics in here I’d bought the dvd to update the system but the thing is, the media won’t insert the cd, don’t know if it’s the sensor when you get the cd close it swallows it or it’s hell broken now, have anybody had this issue before? I might as well give the car back to him than having it without the media. 
appreciate any help,

8295BC6A-DD35-4D21-912D-FA56D385BFAE.jpeg

I don't have this multi media unit having the more basic system, but I checked the manual and the unit needs the data SD card to boot, not DVD! 

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{AA1D1449-9E87-E79E-E0BA-A85EA4D19E87}/01955_TNS 510_OM_LR.pdf

Hopefully you received the owners manual, the audio system manual  and the SD card in the folder that comes with the car. Someone I know had his SD card stolen, so he had to get another one, just to get the audio unit to boot! This happens when the Battery is disconnected and the unit loses all of it's settings. Once power has been restored, the SD card is needed to initialise the system. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links