Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Catalytic converter theft

Liamcupra

2 minutes ago, Gerg said:

Do you have a link to that story?  I'm interested to see if the punishment was fitting!

Probably Warrington Guardian just about 3 weeks ago. I got the item from news pop up on a regional basis. If I remember right one got 2 year and the other 21 months. I did post it on here at the time, will be on another catloc thread.

Has anyone had a tilt alarm fitted? 

25 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Probably Warrington Guardian just about 3 weeks ago. I got the item from news pop up on a regional basis. If I remember right one got 2 year and the other 21 months. I did post it on here at the time, will be on another catloc thread.

24 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Thanks!

Latest news on my situation, Toyota dealer didn’t really care that my cat got stolen in the end, ending up asking for a refund and handing the car back, gone and purchased a Hyundai hybrid instead

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Liamcupra said:

Have had any more issues with the catloc fitted? Also do you feel confident with the catloc fitted that it wouldn’t happen again as you can imagine my anxiety is very high on weather take the car back for a full refund or try the car again with the catloc it’s a huge !Removed! shame as I love the car!! And no other car seems to come close with the tech it has etc 

Who knows if it will happen again or not?! I heard it happened twice to some people. My converter was stolen at ~11:00pm in our driveway while I was working with my laptop near to the front bay window in our sitting room, can you believe it? as the tilt alarm only costed extra £50, I had both of the Catloc and the alarm fitted, and I also installed a floodlight camera for the front drive, and parked my car very close to the fence as well, hope all of these measures could stop the thefts! 

2 minutes ago, Davidhee58 said:

Who knows if it will happen again or not?! I heard it happened twice to some people. My converter was stolen at ~11:00pm in our driveway while I was working with my laptop near to the front bay window in our sitting room, can you believe it? as the tilt alarm only costed extra £50, I had both of the Catloc and the alarm fitted, and I also installed a floodlight camera for the front drive, and parked my car very close to the fence as well, hope all of these measures could stop the thefts! 

Exactly that’s why I took the car back you should be enjoying the car not living in fear, wouldn’t touch one again if I’m honest

At the end of the day very few dealers, regardless of marque they sell, care - to them it is just a business transaction. The Auris will either go to auction, be sold on within the trade, or may be repaired and resold.

Best wishes with the Hyundai.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, you guys have been brilliant giving me the best advice possible 😃😃

4 hours ago, Liamcupra said:

Thank you, you guys have been brilliant giving me the best advice possible 😃😃

Good choice, what model have you got ionic hybrid, ? They look good cars and similar size. 

I went for the Hyundai iconic premium 

the kit is insane on it if I’m honest it even has a heated steering wheel! I was abit hesitant with Hyundai but the more I read about them they seem really good value for money and the cat is also in the engine one of the first questions I asked 😂

8 minutes ago, Liamcupra said:

I went for the Hyundai iconic premium 

the kit is insane on it if I’m honest it even has a heated steering wheel! I was abit hesitant with Hyundai but the more I read about them they seem really good value for money and the cat is also in the engine one of the first questions I asked 😂

Yes, Hyundai are good cars, better than European crap available, although it’s very different from Toyota hybrid drivetrain still not a bad choice., and not worrying about cat theft is a bonus. Tbh Auris gen2 hybrid been most targeted recently., perhaps very popular cars.   Watching what cabbies are using as their choice of cars and pick something similar, you can’t go wrong. We were about to buy same one but full ev, even got an order but she cancelled as decided no need just of now waiting for new car while in lockdown.