Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 1.8 vvtl-i tsport tte

Gil0589

Hi all  I am new to the club I  have just purchased a 2004 corolla 3 door 1.8 vvtl-i tte and looking for some general info like best place to source parts and what's the main faults that you are getting I.e telltail signs and how to catch it before some major damage thanks.

On 3/5/2021 at 9:52 PM, Gil0589 said:

Hi all  I am new to the club I  have just purchased a 2004 corolla 3 door 1.8 vvtl-i tte and looking for some general info like best place to source parts and what's the main faults that you are getting I.e telltail signs and how to catch it before some major damage thanks.

Do you have any problem with the car if not don't worry about it yet common fault miss shifting😅

• 4 weeks later...

Little late to the thread, sorry about that.  

Worth doing research to see if yours is one of the ones that burn a bit of oil or not. I believe sometime around 2004 or 2005 they fixed the heavy oil burning on the zz-fe's. If it does, worth keeping an eye on your oil level.   

Other than that, you have your general issues you expect from a 17 year old car. Dodgy idling is normally a clogged up throttle body and is supposed to be semi common, annoying squeaky clutch pedal. Apparently then squeaky pedal can be fixed with a new slave cylinder, but I've done 50k ish miles with my squeaky pedal and it's been fine.  

From what I've heard at Toyota car meets in the past, because the engines like the 1zz-fe have a particularly decent engine vibration, the rear engine mounts can go a little soon.  

I'm seriously clutching at straws though, they are great cars. Not too many common faults with them. The e12 corolla and especially the MK1 Yaris seem to be holding up really well despite their age

On 3/31/2021 at 1:10 AM, logaljones44 said:

annoying squeaky clutch pedal. Apparently then squeaky pedal can be fixed with a new slave cylinder, but I've done 50k ish miles with my squeaky pedal and it's been fine.  

A common problem and usually cured by applying some rubber safe lubricant to where the clutch pedal pushrod goes into the master cylinder.

• Like 1