Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Torque?

Kojac

57829af456eab_KojacAuris.thumb.PNG.b51ef5ea033fef791507a9455cdd3737.PNG

Can anyone confirm the correct torque value to set the torque wrench to - when tightening my alloy nuts?

I assume you mean the alloy wheel nuts, on my 2015 auris they were 72lb ft not sure what that is in n:m should say in the manual if you have one.

• Like 1

It should be in the manual as Christopher has advised. I would suggest 103Nm (76ftlbf) for wheel nuts assuming they are Toyota's usual M12x 1.25. Which is slightly more than 72ftlbf.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 10:32 AM, mrpj said:

It should be in the manual as Christopher has advised. I would suggest 103Nm (76ftlbf) for wheel nuts assuming they are Toyota's usual M12x 1.25. Which is slightly more than 72ftlbf.

And to quote my own post, can't edit?

To correct my rookie error, lbfft, not ftlbf. The latter being work done.:blushing:

• 3 weeks later...

103Nm in most Toyota cars and SUV. Only some Truck base SUV and pickup needs higher torque. toyota wheels needs much less torque than typical other cars 130Nm. Many times in the tire shop, they overtighten them 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 11:54 PM, AisinW said:

103Nm in most Toyota cars and SUV. Only some Truck base SUV and pickup needs higher torque. toyota wheels needs much less torque than typical other cars 130Nm. Many times in the tire shop, they overtighten them 

Owners' manual states 108 Nm for my 2019 Auris.

Yep, tire shops usually use cca 120 Nm. So used they on my Auris. Hope that did not damage threads internally.

That is why I got my own torque wrench and mount tyres on my own.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links