Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiper blades

Westerner

Afternoon,

Has anyone else had issues with smearing Wiper Blades on their corollas, I have had the 1.2 and now the 2.0 hybrid and both had a tendency to leave smears. I have looked around but as yet haven’t found any suitable replacements from the likes of Bosch etc.

Many thanks 

Hi,

there was a post before about this issue and or inside fogging up the windscreen, perhaps was some sort of thin film coating that needs to be clean or something similar I remember. For outside might be from car washes especially if you are using cheap ones they spray some sort of wax that does nothing but trouble for the wipers and smearing a lot. Maybe clean with some sort of good window cleaner few times can help, I don’t think is from the wiper itself. 
Regards 

• Like 2

Try cleaning the screen with meths and the blades have found this has helped in the past as tony said could be the wax in car washes.

I do not use car washes I do it myself and I use car shampoo without wax.

• Like 2

I cleaned my Wiper Blades with Autoglym Rubber and Vinyl cleaner and haven't had a problem since.

Toyota have recently released a Technical service bulletin regarding this:

BO-00520T-TME

Subject: Repair Notice: Drivers wiper Blade Smearing Repair Method

Area of Application: All Markets

Models – Model CodesCorolla - MZEA11, MZEA12, MZEH12, NRE210, ZRE210, ZRE212, ZWE211, ZWE213

Description of the phenomenon: Some customers may experience and report smearing and poor visibility through the front screen when driving in wet conditions, from water marks left on the glass from the Wiper Blades.

Repair procedure: Remove and install the Wiper Blades for adjustment as per TechDoc procedure, Corolla/Vehicle Exterior/Wiper & Washer/Front wiper Rubber/Replacement

The fix is to follow the installation instructions in the Corolla repair manual, measuring, adjusting and confirming the correct arm/blade to screen angle.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, RabButler said:

I cleaned my wiper blades with Autoglym Rubber and Vinyl cleaner and haven't had a problem since.

Brilliant stuff, I use it on me bikes a lot and the car, great for door sealing strips and as a "Back to black" stuff for plastics

On 3/6/2021 at 7:00 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Toyota have recently released a Technical service bulletin regarding this:

BO-00520T-TME

Subject: Repair Notice: Drivers Wiper Blade Smearing Repair Method

Area of Application: All Markets

Models – Model CodesCorolla - MZEA11, MZEA12, MZEH12, NRE210, ZRE210, ZRE212, ZWE211, ZWE213

Description of the phenomenon: Some customers may experience and report smearing and poor visibility through the front screen when driving in wet conditions, from water marks left on the glass from the wiper blades.

Repair procedure: Remove and install the wiper blades for adjustment as per TechDoc procedure, Corolla/Vehicle Exterior/Wiper & Washer/Front Wiper Rubber/Replacement

The fix is to follow the installation instructions in the Corolla repair manual, measuring, adjusting and confirming the correct arm/blade to screen angle.

I have this smearing problem on my 2020 Corolla 2.0 GR Sport. A few weeks ago my local Toyota dealership just swapped over the drivers blade while I waited. As I still have the problem, I telephoned the dealership today and asked them about this technical service bulletin to which they replied, “We have already swapped over your wiper blade”. They said the service bulletin says this is all they have to do! I have now queried this with Toyota UK and asked them if this is correct, or whether there is something more they should be doing. I await their reply.

This is the reply from Toyota UK...

Thanks for your response. 

I've been advised that the bulletin has been pulled and replacing the wiper blade is the correct process. 

I hope this clarifies. 

Thank you for contacting Toyota. 

Kind regards

Chanelle Snarey
Customer Support
Toyota (GB) PLC  
Distributor of vehicles, parts and accessories for the UK

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies, will see if I can get down to the dealer to have a new one put in, hopefully that will sort it.

I have the same problem on my 2 month old corrolla 2.0 ST

On 3/6/2021 at 12:16 PM, Westerner said:

Afternoon,

Has anyone else had issues with smearing wiper blades on their corollas, I have had the 1.2 and now the 2.0 hybrid and both had a tendency to leave smears. I have looked around but as yet haven’t found any suitable replacements from the likes of Bosch etc.

Many thanks 

Is it the initial first couple of wipes when you have the issue ? If so I have the same issue but then sorts itself