Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No EV mode after refuelling

nielshm

A funny little thing. After a refuelling my car, resets trip and fuel economy, and leaving the gas station - it's impossible to force the car into EV mode the first few miles. After that everything is back to normal. 

It has always been like that, and it does'nt matter if the engine is warm and the Battery has plenty power. It's like the car wants to reset it self. 

You mean press ev button or accelerate and release accelerator to glide in ev mode. ..? 

12 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

You mean press ev button or accelerate and release accelerator to glide in ev mode. ..? 

I mean accelerate and lift off. Impossible go get EV mode, even if speed is low. 

Is the A/C or heater on ? the EV must work as the car starts and your able to pull away, what trip are you resetting ?

22 minutes ago, nielshm said:

I mean accelerate and lift off. Impossible go get EV mode, even if speed is low. 

Ok, when you filled up have you tried to put more fuel like up to the brim king of overfill? If overfilled with fuel the car might be burning some before safely shuts ice off to prevent petrol canister from flooding with fuel and eventually gets damaged, not sure 🤔 about the car can be so smart tbh but as possibility. I have yet to notice if my one does anything similar. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links