Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


RAV4 2019 - worth getting?


Recommended Posts

Hi guys

I'm in the market for a new SUV and Ive seen a few RAV4 2019 models for around 25K. Are they worth buying considering the issues I keep reading about? One guy mentioned his wife's RAV4 made a sudden stop on the dual carriageway (WTH!) and I heard there are jerky transmission issues?

Have these been addressed by Toyota? Am I better off sticking to a 2017 Hybrid ?

Any help appreciated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi I have a rav 4 2019 excel awd  apart from a new screen (navigation screen) and rear view camera replaced in the first week   it's been perfect 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, marlinleg said:

hi I have a rav 4 2019 excel awd  apart from a new screen (navigation screen) and rear view camera replaced in the first week   it's been perfect 

Hi.

 

So no juddering or jerky transmission issues?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Issues? What issues irahim? Can you cite any specific issue that supposedly afflicts a UK registered RAV4.5 (hybrid)?

The Toyota hybrid transmission (CVT-style) is simply divine ...

Have a read here for more detail: 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, philip42h said:

Issues? What issues irahim? Can you cite any specific issue that supposedly afflicts a UK registered RAV4.5 (hybrid)?

The Toyota hybrid transmission (CVT-style) is simply divine ...

Have a read here for more detail: 

 

There have been numerous mentions of transmission issues on the web for the RAV4.5 - and one post on this forum showed a car suddenly brake - something to do with a safety feature malfunction. 

My biggest concern is with any issues on the 2019 model that I should be concerned about. 

 

regarding the hybrid eCVT I have faith in the technology as millions of Prius drivers can't be wrong but with every new car there are ECU or software issues that may come to light only by owners. 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, irahim said:

There have been numerous mentions of transmission issues on the web for the RAV4.5 - and one post on this forum showed a car suddenly brake - something to do with a safety feature malfunction. 

My biggest concern is with any issues on the 2019 model that I should be concerned about. 

 

regarding the hybrid eCVT I have faith in the technology as millions of Prius drivers can't be wrong but with every new car there are ECU or software issues that may come to light only by owners. 

Thanks

OK, if one searches for 'issues' on the web, one is pretty certain to find them ... but if you read them all carefully you will find that they relate to North American gas powered cars. I haven't found any that relate to UK registered hybrids, so I am asking, have you?

You mention specifically "one post on this forum showed a car suddenly brake - something to do with a safety feature malfunction" ... if you read that particular thread carefully you will realise it turned out to be a "wife malfunction" - she was firmly pressing the 'clutch' (aka leftmost peddle) in preparation for changing down gear! 🙂

I'm pretty sure that there haven't been any significant issues reported by owners on this forum ...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

there was the one with the rav4 which kept emergency braking, the husband couldn't reproduce it and it only happened to the wife...it turned out that the wife was 'covering' the brake pedal and accelerator at the same time...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership