Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange sound driving me insane

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

3 hours ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Hi

Blueprint, supposed to be o.e quality, will be ringing the motor factor today to complain and inform ill be returning the part if they agree to refund, unsure of my chances there!

Thinking of ordering an exidy clutch next and trying one more time.

Assuming it is the clutch that's an issue

So, have you taken the gearbox off and determined it is the clutch that’s causing the problem.  If you have not done that, and you ring the motor factor and complain, and later find it was not the clutch you going to feel pretty silly. Why not wait till the clutch has been inspected.

if you have to buy another clutch what’s wrong in the LUK, you mentioned that in an earlier post.

15 hours ago, Catlover said:

2018 or 2008

2008 - I made a typo.

My 2008 C1 was one of the last to be built with the 180mm clutch, which failed suddenly on my way to work in 2011 with just over 30,000 miles on the clock.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Catlover said:

So, have you taken the gearbox off and determined it is the clutch that’s causing the problem.  If you have not done that, and you ring the motor factor and complain, and later find it was not the clutch you going to feel pretty silly. Why not wait till the clutch has been inspected.

if you have to buy another clutch what’s wrong in the LUK, you mentioned that in an earlier post.

Not yet catlover, I must admit, but most people seem to think its that, ill be dropping it 1st and inspecting then complaining.

All just so stressful for now

thats where using a garage that supplies the parts come outs best...it would all be their problem and fixed for free (if theyre honest )

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, steveo3002 said:

thats where using a garage that supplies the parts come outs best...it would all be their problem and fixed for free (if theyre honest )

Tbh most places will still charge the labour to replace an item, 8/10 times they will try to get out of it, maybe I'm just jaded

3 hours ago, steveo3002 said:

True say

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Tbh most places will still charge the labour to replace an item, 8/10 times they will try to get out of it, maybe I'm just jaded

You're right too.

Diy or garage...both have their advantages and disadvantages!

It cost me 100 for the gearbox, 130 labour paying my neighbour mechanic and my help, and say 36.00 worth of gear oil, so in a way, its half a garage bill so I could go it again! Only no warranty

Driving the car now to work it changes gear so smoothly and the power so clean, I think its definitely drivable hopefully without causing any further damage  its just that sound coming from the bottom of dry and slight knocking. I could probably trade it in and the salesman wouldn't pick up on it! Not that I want to!

On a sweet note, other half treated us...myself n my car...to some diamonds! Lol. Cheered me up some what

• Like 1

Screenshot_20210614-182640_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guys 

If it is a faulty clutch kit, 

Can anyone recommend a good brand please?

I'm looking at exedy first

Then luk

Never buying blueprint again!

19 hours ago, flash22 said:

yeah hence the "if honest " bit....thats what should happen , but no doubt be yeah love you been driving it wrong its your fault

good brands i know of are luk or sachs , although i think blueprint have a ok reputation 

Sam, you got to get that gearbox out of the car to check what’s gone on. IF it a faulty clutch that’s causing the problem, you need to be in contact with the supplier of it (that goes with any part), I not used any Blueprint stuff but others say it’s ok. Get to the bottom of the problem first.

• Like 1

That’s right , you have to find first what is wrong and what had caused the issue. Blueprint are best make for aftermarket for Japanese cars, very often problems solvers. If poor workmanship had caused the issue then it’s not the spare part but if it’s the spare part you may make a claim even directly with them, they are Surrey based company. 👍🇬🇧

• Like 3

Cheers guys

I will get to the bottom of it...this Saturday.

Surgery starts at 10am.

Wish me luck please.

• Thanks 1

In the meantime I've orderd an exedy 3pc clutch just as a standby to be returned if not the issue. According to the vid you guys posted it sounds highly likely a bust clutch.

Otherwise its car off road and bearings to be orderd to rebuild gearbox

Can we all come and watch

12 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Can we all come and watch

I'd actually like that, atleast I'd have a group of experienced people watching over us and helping me identify the culprit parts, the more opinions the merrier!

The thought of removing all those bolts all over again, I feel lazy as we speak just to drain the oil!

11 minutes ago, Stecha said:

Hmm, sounds revs related to me

Is it audible reving  in neutral ?

Thinking waterpump bearings

But, just MHO, many more opinions availabe

Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-9BFG0E3mA

It changes with rpm, Definitely gear box end but goes with the clutch depressed, pls see the previous page in this thread (videos)

49 minutes ago, Stecha said:

Hmm, sounds revs related to me

Is it audible reving  in neutral ?

Thinking waterpump bearings

But, just MHO, many more opinions availabe

Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-9BFG0E3mA

Stecha 

Not a peep in neutral. Only in gear...even then mostly in 3rd and 4th and 5th.

Coming from right hand lower end!

34 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It changes with rpm, Definitely gear box end but goes with the clutch depressed, pls see the previous page in this thread (videos)

Thank you!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Stecha 

Fair enough, hope you're sorted soon

17 hours ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Stecha 

Hi, if only happens in gear and on 3-4-5 means something related to the torque transmission, higher gears transfer higher torque at lower rpm. Basically the clutch is extra loaded on those gears and less loaded on first and second. , which also points towards a fault with your clutch pack. Blueprint usually are the best alternative to the oem parts, but even so once in a while a manufacturer defective parts are not excluded of happening. , even new Toyotas goes wrong sometimes. Let’s be positive and wait to take it off the car and see what is all about. At least it’s a small car and easy to work on, imagine that job on a Audi A6🤭😶👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links