Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange sound driving me insane

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Only keep the parts if you want to otherwise bin them or stick both boxes up for spares or repairs you may get a bit of cash back the same goes for that blueprint clutch

you may learn something by taking the 2nd one apart

The gearbox oil is all in that £12-18 a litre range

i have done my fair share of engine rebuilds, tbh i get a gearbox place to rebuild them something that i haven't had to do in 10+ years

hell yes on new gear oil 

16 a litre is fine...paid more than that from Opie Oils for some high spec stuff 

59 minutes ago, steveo3002 said:

hell yes on new gear oil 

16 a litre is fine...paid more than that from opie oils for some high spec stuff 

Cheers guys

I'll research oil in the meantime! Hoping its a happy ending this time 

At least keep the 1st motion shaft, you can use it to line up your clutch. 

14 hours ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Cheers guys

I'll research oil in the meantime! Hoping its a happy ending this time 

Just make sure whatever oil you buy is the same spec as Toyota specify, that’s important.

wont go wrong with dealers oil

or Opie Oils will chat online and talk you through the options , told me the racers often choose the race spec ester so i went with that

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-68902-fuchs-titan-race-srg-75-full-ester-synthetic-racing-gear-oil.aspx

thanks

There is no need for race oil or anything "special".  You only need two litres and you shouldn't have to pay more than £10/L for it. 

I'm quite sure that I could buy that for five or six Pounds per litre, with just a couple of calls to the local motor factors.

1 hour ago, Stivino said:

I'm quite sure that I could buy that for five or six Pounds per litre, with just a couple of calls to the local motor factors.

then grumble the gear change is stiff on cold mornings

agree it doesnt have to be race spec, but no harm in using good stuff , im guessing the o.p would like this one to last and perform as it should 

4 minutes ago, steveo3002 said:

good stuff

Could you define that, please?

19 minutes ago, Stivino said:

Could you define that, please?

cant be bothered to argue with you...stick with £6 stuff im sure its great 

Sam, your a worrier, so just ignore what just been said about what oil to put in the gbox - for peace of mind just go to your Toyota dealer and get the required amount of the specified gear oil for your car - its probably going to last the life of your car, so a few quid here or there is nothing in the bigger picture.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

Sam, your a worrier, so just ignore what just been said about what oil to put in the gbox

... but don't ignore the "don't use GL5" advice.

• Like 1

Lol, let's not argue guys over gear oil, behave everybody! We're supposed to be a family of Toyota lovers !!!

Yes I'll stick to the dealership bottles to be safe!

• Like 2

Guys, Hi, still awaiting delivery if my next gearbox, in the meantime...would either of these gearbox oils do at Halfords? Considering alternatives to dealer option.

Pics attached...

Cheers

20210627_052858.jpg

20210627_052833.jpg

supposed to be 75w synthetic so no , neither are the correct one

that one i posted a few posts back has transformed mine vs mannol brand , very happy with it  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steveo3002 said:

Hi

Just checked...

States this product is not suitable for your vehicle when i enter my reg?

and there aren't alternatives 

1 hour ago, SimonIG10 said:

Not wanting to get involved in any arguments but this is the stuff they are selling in the City Bug shop...https://www.citybugstore.co.uk/citroen-c1/engine/service/gear-oil-gl4-1-litre.html

£7.85 a litre if wanting to save a few pennies on Ebay

That sounds good to me...but isn't it the same as the Halfords one?

I'm confused

Halfords isnt the best place to get advice , the one i listed should be correct 

first thing monday why dont you ask Opie Oils on their online chatter , if you dont like their prices you can always buy elsewhere , i questioned them alot and they answered all my queries and whats best and why , and im really satisfied what i had from them , they have 15% off this weekend too

after all you spent on this please dont spoil the job with cheapo oil

mineral is the budget choice...syth offers more protection and smoother changes in cold weather

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steveo3002 said:

halfords isnt the best place to get advice , the one i listed should be correct 

first thing monday why dont you ask opie oils on their online chatter , if you dont like their prices you can always buy elsewhere , i questioned them alot and they answered all my queries and whats best and why , and im really satisfied what i had from them , they have 15% off this weekend too

after all you spent on this please dont spoil the job with cheapo oil

Hi steveo,

Just checked Opie Oils, they offer febi, motul, and Castrol.

I know that I've been through alot, and in all honesty I'm broke.

I'm inclined to City bug stores recommendation of Comma 75w 80 mineral, at trade from Halfords ill pay 7.99 for each litre, not bad, only I've never used mineral before, usually synthetic, but maybe mineral is best for these boxes

yeah do what you feel is best

im broke too thats why i tried mannol oil , i could feel it notchy so paid up and got the dearer synth oil , its was worth it to me 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links