Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to install a rear view camera on TNS510

LeTux

Hi all

First, sorry for my poor english.

I just purchased a Toyota Auris (2010) with a TNS510 radio, I want to install a rear view camera, so after some search on google i found this :

But the problems, this is for switching the camera ON when gear while not in reverse!  I want to switch the camera ON only while gear is in reverse!

Then my english is poor, so I need some clarification.

I did a diagram (find attached files), it is correct?

So, no need to plug wire to the rear beam lamp  ?

Thanks, hope you can help me.

Mon-chema2.jpg

The diagram you posted is confusing, A quick edit.

The camera will only come on it reverse

Mon.thumb.jpg.d5bccb2366dc53bff67a45b691cbcaf1.jpg

Thanks but I still need some clarification, which cable I should plug into pin 5?

Mon.jpg.23a26835a9eab3c7728100d592d213602.jpg

A 12v that goes to the reverse light, pin 5 in that drawing is an input, so when you select reverse it changes to the camera

Thanks but I'm not sure I understood correctly, I can plug the red wire like this ?

TNS510-red-.jpg

• 6 months later...

Is there anyone who can tell me where i can buy the 5 pin and 20 pin connectorcable to hookup de rearcamera for my TNS510

@Rob1964 A bit late i know but what you want is a camera add on lead, Get a 28 pin version you will have to remove the pins from the connector and put them into the 20 pin on the car

i have not found a supplier for the 5 pin plug or terminals, if you have a local breakers go and cut one off another Toyota (any Toyota from 1998 to 2012) until you find one

plug, housing only 90980-11909 or Yazaki 7283-5830

Edit, Sumitomo TS series 040

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 1:08 PM, flash22 said:

@Rob1964 A bit late i know but what you want is a camera add on lead, Get a 28 pin version you will have to remove the pins from the connector and put them into the 20 pin on the car

i have not found a supplier for the 5 pin plug or terminals, if you have a local breakers go and cut one off another Toyota (any Toyota from 1998 to 2012) until you find one

plug, housing only 90980-11909 or Yazaki 7283-5830

Edit, Sumitomo TS series 040

thnx for jour reply, i've found this on Amazon, thanx for youtr help

image.thumb.png.d71b8320f3dbea1369ba24e32e0df7f4.png

That is an addition lead to Add an aftermarket camera (12v) to a factory radio - what you require is a retention lead this has a male phono (yellow plug) and a 6v voltage adapter, so you can use the factory camera

Retention type lead CAM-TY1-RT (16 pin) or CAM-TY2-RT (24 pin)

https://c2vision-eu.com/product/reversing-camera-retention-lead-for-use-on-various-toyota-models-plug-and-play-no-cutting-of-wires-required-retains-the-factory-reversing-camera/

Addition type lead CAM-TY1-AD (16 pin) or CAM-TY2-AD (24 pin)

https://c2vision-eu.com/product/camera-add-on-kit-for-use-on-various-toyota-models-factory-head-unit-integration-touch-touch-2-head-units-simple-installation-process/