Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi all new member from Ireland.

rob42

well lads, 

as above, I currently have a 08 1.4 d4d corolla that has served me well, and currently looking at moving up the world to an avensis estate (2009-14) so I might plague ye with questions!

My father has a 2000 swb Landcruiser from new with 455K miles on it, and its need very little over 20 years so fair to say I believe in Toyota reliability. 

Cheers 

• Like 1

Hello Robert - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Welcome aboard, Robert..good luck with the search for the estate.

Hi Robert, wow! that’s some miles your father has done there.     Good to read you sticking with Toyota, we started with Toyotas in 2013 when the wife got a 1.4 diesel Yaris (actually only 1350cc if I remember correctly).  I have always like the look of the Avensis, but never had one.  Do be careful if you going for a diesel. Avensis.  Just this morning I was reading on this forum how many complaints about Avensis fitted with a certain Diesel engine. That engine was supplied by BMW and towards then end of the Avensis production life. It’s been a shocker to many users, so beware and do your homework.  Petrol engined Avensis seem to be ok by comparison though.  

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

Hi Robert, wow! that’s some miles your father has done there.     Good to read you sticking with Toyota, we started with Toyotas in 2013 when the wife got a 1.4 diesel Yaris (actually only 1350cc if I remember correctly).  I have always like the look of the Avensis, but never had one.  Do be careful if you going for a diesel. Avensis.  Just this morning I was reading on this forum how many complaints about Avensis fitted with a certain Diesel engine. That engine was supplied by BMW and towards then end of the Avensis production life. It’s been a shocker to many users, so beware and do your homework.  Petrol engined Avensis seem to be ok by comparison though.  

Hi joe, yeah its served him well, few dents noting major but mechanically perfect! and my corolla is in good nick too but iv always loved the look and practicality of an estate. and cruise control and other gadgets would be a welcome addition.  yes i am aware of the "BMW" engine issue I intend to look at 2l diesel this weekend, a 2009 which i believe is before the BMW engine, please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links