Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice on purchasing toyota yaris diesel

Luqman_1

Hi guys, I am looking to purchase a toyota yaris (2010 reg approx) and I will be doing mainly motorway mileage. I was just wondering  what mileage the car I am purchasing should be around and also what engine size and model would you guys recommend ?

20 minutes ago, Luqman_1 said:

Hi guys, I am lookinqman.

ug to purchase a toyota yaris (2010 reg approx) and I will be doing mainly motorway mileage. I was just wondering  what mileage the car I am purchasing should be around and also what engine size and model would you guys recommend ?

Welcome Luqman.

Do not buy one with an MMT autobox as it has had lots of problems.

A Multidrive autobox is fine and I would recommend 1.33 litres or maybe 1.5.

Mine is a Multidrive with a 1.33 engine.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

hi Luqman, 

i have a 1.4 d4d corolla (2008) they come in the Yaris too, i do about 130 miles round trip a day at 90% motorway and i usually get 52-54 mpg @ 60-70 mph 

have had no problems, but iv been told some have gearbox issues, Im sure someone here will put you right!

hope this helps!

Rob

• Thanks 1

If you just want a Yaris diesel, as per the topic title, the only engine size is 1.4.

• Thanks 1

I neared it stated the average miles done is around 8,000 per year (pre COVID), so for a 10 year old vehicle you be looking at 80,000 miles. If you doing mainly motorway miles then a diesel may be best. We have had 2 Yaris diesels, one was a 5 gear and one a 6 gear, the 6 gear was better to drive then the 5 gear, more relaxed on Mway journeys especially. Low 60’s to the gallon. It’s a 1.4 engine. Both engines were without the DPF (diesel particulate filter) so were without the problem they cause. It was during 2010 the DPF was started to be fitted, so if you looking just check that out.

• Thanks 1

Early 2010 should not have a DPF filter fitted. Should have a 6 rather than a 5 speed box. Therefore motorway cruising is just over 2000 rpm rather than close to 3000 rpm in the 5 speed. The engine will be the 1.4 d4d. Its a great engine and you sometimes see some on eBay for sale that have completed over 200K miles. I am on my second D4D which demonstrates that I like owning them.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, john p williams said:

Welcome Luqman.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for your advice.

10 minutes ago, Cyclopse11 said:

Early 2010 should not have a DPF filter fitted. Should have a 6 rather than a 5 speed box. Therefore motorway cruising is just over 2000 rpm rather than close to 3000 rpm in the 5 speed. The engine will be the 1.4 d4d. Its a great engine and you sometimes see some on eBay for sale that have completed over 200K miles. I am on my second D4D which demonstrates that I like owning them.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, john p williams said:

Welcome Luqman.

Good luck.

Thank you, appreciate it !

6 hours ago, rob42 said:

hi Luqman, 

i have a 1.4 d4d corolla (2008) they come in the Yaris too, i do about 130 miles round trip a day at 90% motorway and i usually get 52-54 mpg @ 60-70 mph 

have had no problems, but iv been told some have gearbox issues, Im sure someone here will put you right!

hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob!

6 hours ago, Catlover said:

I neared it stated the average miles done is around 8,000 per year (pre COVID), so for a 10 year old vehicle you be looking at 80,000 miles. If you doing mainly motorway miles then a diesel may be best. We have had 2 Yaris diesels, one was a 5 gear and one a 6 gear, the 6 gear was better to drive then the 5 gear, more relaxed on Mway journeys especially. Low 60’s to the gallon. It’s a 1.4 engine. Both engines were without the DPF (diesel particulate filter) so were without the problem they cause. It was during 2010 the DPF was started to be fitted, so if you looking just check that out.

Thank you !