Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please help me in this issue

Haitham Mohamed

i recently have worn lower ball joint, so i replaced it and also replaced the lower control arm in the left side only for prevent maintenance everything is fine and i don't hear any noises but i shot a video of this wheel (left wheel) and i found that the wheel move a little bit back and forth when i go forward or backward as shown in the video it's a little bit jerking but while i'm in the car i don't feel it and i don't hear any studs noises or anything so i would like to know why the wheel do this? 

Car: Toyota Avensis 2008

any help please

here is a close up if anyone didn't notice it

Yes, I noticed it.  Was this happening before the repair?   If No, then it seems likely that’s something has altered due to the repair.  Did a garage do the repair?  If Yes, then best to take it back and show them.

• Like 2

Seems like broken bushes on the wishbone, if you got it replaced by yourself have you properly set pre tension of the bushes, torque the bolts with car on the ground, ramp or supported by jack placed under the wishbone? If not that explains everything. Check bushes and if torn replace again but make sure you follow the correct procedure. This is common mistake done by many mechanics pro and diy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

Yes, I noticed it.  Was this happening before the repair?   If No, then it seems likely that’s something has altered due to the repair.  Did a garage do the repair?  If Yes, then best to take it back and show them.

i don't know this was happening before the repair and i did this repair and i rechecked everything the torque for the bolt and i also gripped the wheel at 3 and 9 o'clock position and 12 to 6 o'clock position and everything is good and tight before the repair when i gripped the wheel from 3 to 9 o'clock there was a bit of play due to worn ball joint and after i changed this play was gone and also with this play in the wheel as shown in the video; i don't feel any noises inside the car

48 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Seems like broken bushes on the wishbone, if you got it replaced by yourself have you properly set pre tension of the bushes, torque the bolts with car on the ground, ramp or supported by jack placed under the wishbone? If not that explains everything. Check bushes and if torn replace again but make sure you follow the correct procedure. This is common mistake done by many mechanics pro and diy.

i checked everything, bushings good everything nice and tight and also i tightened the bolt while the car on the ground

• Like 1

Adding to Tony's post above, as well as fitting then tightening the wishbone with the car on the ground, is the new part of reasonable quality? Could be that the original part was better than the replacement. The OP did say the wishbone was changed to pre-empt any possible future work.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Konrad C said:

Adding to Tony's post above, as well as fitting then tightening the wishbone with the car on the ground, is the new part of reasonable quality? Could be that the original part was better than the replacement. The OP did say the wishbone was changed to pre-empt any possible future work.

Yeah, quality is of greater importance. I had once used Optimal parts  “German quality  “ perhaps poor quality from China and here is the results, a recovery track, RAC payment, 5 days without my car and a scared to death friend of mine. You have to check for micro cracks around, perhaps I had some sort of movement too but never noticed from inside, the car remained perfect until the last mile before the wheel went off, probably the cracks been there for some time. 

1ACDA5F1-96D3-4A6A-9CFB-912435EDC83C.jpeg

159C1D38-940F-4992-969A-3A671CBC2C48.jpeg

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Yeah, quality is of greater importance. I had once used Optimal parts  “German quality  “ perhaps poor quality from China and here is the results, a recovery track, RAC payment, 5 days without my car and a scared to death friend of mine. You have to check for micro cracks around, perhaps I had some sort of movement too but never noticed from inside, the car remained perfect until the last mile before the wheel went off, probably the cracks been there for some time. 

1ACDA5F1-96D3-4A6A-9CFB-912435EDC83C.jpeg

159C1D38-940F-4992-969A-3A671CBC2C48.jpeg

the parts that i put in my car is Delphi Ball joint and AISIN Control Arm i guess it's not bad aftermarket part correct me if i'm wrong and i also inspect my parts before installation

9 minutes ago, Haitham Mohamed said:

the parts that i put in my car is Delphi Ball joint and AISIN Control Arm i guess it's not bad aftermarket part correct me if i'm wrong and i also inspect my parts before installation

Ok, you will need to inspect again after installation as obviously you have an issue, this is not normal the tyre to move when car moves. I have seen on many cars but it is something that requires attention. For the parts you had used I have no information if they are good or not. Never used this myself, once only Delphi one side and First line other side and the First line lasted twice as long. 👍

• Like 1

Update for my issue, i found the problem

the problem is the busing of the new lower control arm is very soft that can't handle the stress of the car 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links