Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hybrid Health Check

Davidhee58

My Auris fourth year service is due, as I remember, the hybrid health check was free when I had my car serviced for the past 3 years, it seems now Toyota charge £45 for hybrid health check, considering a 4 years car with less than 8000 miles,  does it really need to be checked each year? and does it affect the 5 years warranty if I just have a full service without hybrid health check? 

As far as I'm aware the hybrid health check has been incorporated into the standard service, which is renamed hybrid electric service. 

Extract from Toyota GB's website:

"Toyota Hybrid Electric Vehicle Service  

A Hybrid Electric Service costs no more than a normal service and specifically checks your hybrid Battery to ensure optimum performance. Every hybrid model comes with a 15 year hybrid Battery extended cover if you have a yearly Toyota Hybrid Electric Service."

The hybrid Battery extended warranty won't be applicable until the car is over five years old, as the hybrid battery is covered under the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty.

thanks mike for your clarification, I try to book in my car online for a full service, I don't why there is an option "hybrid health check, recommended, £45", I never paid for this service for the past 3 year, I thought Toyota has changed its policy😬

8 hours ago, Davidhee58 said:

thanks mike for your clarification, I try to book in my car online for a full service, I don't why there is an option "hybrid health check, recommended, £45", I never paid for this service for the past 3 year, I thought Toyota has changed its policy😬

Maybe some IT guy has forgot to amend the online booking form. Why not mention it to your dealer.

Last time I checked was no option to purchase health check on its own but only as part of the service., since I do service my car by myself I had stopped doing the health checks and warranty but the car is now well aged, therefore no any benefit of either of these. Your car still under manufacturer 5 years warranty. 8000 miles total for 4 years sounds like typing error 👌😊

You can but the Hybrid check on it's own - that covers you if you do your own servicing.  That said, I bet there would be an argument if you were to claim on the extended warranty on the hybrid Battery that you get with the hybrid healthcheck if you are doing your own servicing.  If you are in the least bit worried about the hybrid Battery, the health-check is an easy way to get cover against its failure...dealers may differ, but ours is always included with the scheduled servicing, and with the 5+ Club the servicing cost is reduced by 20% anyway.  I did note they collapsed the 3 and 4 service into one now, and just charge the mid-point of the two service prices previously and just change the plugs for the air filter (or whatever it was that was different between the two).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links