Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coyote

Timmon

I just noted that a free 1 month trial of Coyote is available on the on line portal, E store. First software available from e store apart from map updates, for the New Corolla. 

I've subscribed, but not installed OTA in the car yet.

Anyone else tried it?

I had a quick look, free for 3 years for various European countries and £37 per year in the UK (after 1 month trial).  Seems a bit steep just to add speed camera updates (does it do anything else?).  It seems odd having 3 years free in European markets when it appears illegal to have speed trap detector equipment switched on in your car in various European  countries, France and Germany immediately spring to mind (can you switch off/disable the speed camera alerts in settings when driving abroad?).

• Like 1

Agreed. I still have not installed it, due to lock down, not used car since I wrote this post. The standard Nav system has speed camera's listed, so I will be interested to see what extra benefits you get that are worth £37.  I don't know about driving abroad and speed cameras. I never have yet, and no plans to do so soon. 

• Like 1

I tried it when I had the auris was much more expensive then (2015) about £80 from memory it picks up mobile cameras as well as static cameras.

The nav system on the corolla picks up static cameras but not mobile ones according to what you get when I bought the car it’s supposed to have cyclops mobile camera detection asked the dealer said it was integrated in the system I never found it or got it to work on either car

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well I have made a few journeys this week. It is supposed to load automatically, but so far I have had to load it myself, or nothing happens. It works in the back ground, and presents on screen when approaching a speed camera, very prominent, unlike the Toyota Nav built in one. It shows the speed limit at the camera and counts down the distance to it. You can also real time announce a mobile camera if you see one, and the system will alert other drivers in the area.

The 2 speed camera's I have passed, the system shows the wrong speed limit. It proclaimed 20 mph at a local 40mph camera, and 10mph at a 30 mph camera. So, I don't think I will bother, it does not seem very reliable.

I have the same issue, the so called "scouts" screen that show other users with 10 miles of you has never moved from zero even on a drive through birmingham, I am begging to think I am the only person in the Uk using it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just discovered Coyote today with a subscription until April 2022.  I installed it.  Then it connected to the server and told me to register at my.toyota.eu.

Going to that url I am directed to Toyota.co.uk and at that point zilch.  How would I go from there?

• 2 months later...
On 4/7/2021 at 10:02 AM, Roy124 said:

I just discovered Coyote today with a subscription until April 2022.  I installed it.  Then it connected to the server and told me to register at my.toyota.eu.

Going to that url I am directed to Toyota.co.uk and at that point zilch.  How would I go from there?

Anything else happened on this? I've got the same thing, installed and showing 1 years subscription when I thought I should get 3. Directed to my.toyota.eu,which says the service is discontinued, then nothing.