Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Voice recognition fault

GodfreyD

New Excel TSS delivered and drives beautifully .

However  whereas the multi media display lists all my phone contact after bluetooth connection, the remote  voice operation says my contact list is empty and invites manual dialling! 

Have deleted and reinstated the phone  5 times and still the voice activation does not recognise the contact list up on the display 

Any assistance appreciated. 

Mines a bit hit and miss, gets some straight away others it struggles with. What confuses me is that a lot of incoming phone calls from friends appear as unknown with the phone number but there names are in my phone list, weird

11 hours ago, GodfreyD said:

New Excel TSS delivered and drives beautifully .

However  whereas the multi media display lists all my phone contact after Bluetooth connection, the remote  voice operation says my contact list is empty and invites manual dialling! 

Have deleted and reinstated the phone  5 times and still the voice activation does not recognise the contact list up on the display 

Any assistance appreciated. 

iPhone or Android ?

remember on your phone you have to enable contact sharing and notifications in the bluetooth item for your car on your phone

have you tried using holding down the phone button rather than voice recognition and letting mobile assistant help dialling ?

Problem is the infotainment system in the Corolla is like a Fisher Price Speak & Spell

• Thanks 1

I've never really tried it. I remember my 2nd Honda Jazz' though. Used that a few times to call my Dad while enroute. I usually ended up shouting at it. Still, Honda fixed the problem with the 3rd Jazz. They removed voice control.