Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Jack

delbois

I've been looking on eBay etc for a compatible scissor jack for my 2020 Corolla TS. Even with OEM Toyota Jacks there seem to be two types of connecting plate (the bit that makes contact with the sill). Some have a 'slot' and others don't. My Auris had a slot and expected the Corolla to be the same. Is there anyone with a spacer saver kit who can clarify the correct jack type please? 

Hi I am using an Auris one as per attached photo along with a 17in Auris space saver. jack fits Corolla fine as I had a tyre blow out. 

IMG_20210312_141735.jpg

• Like 1

Don't faff about getting one from eBay, go into your dealer and buy the right part, you will be surprised by the price, BETTER than ANY online retailer, cheap as chips 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is this a wind up?

😄

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

Is this a wind up?

😄

No joke at all! Just check this ☝️ https://toyotadirectparts.co.uk/parts/toyota-corolla/corolla-mk12-2019-present/accessories-corolla-mk12-2019-present/toyota-corolla-2019-present-jack and browse all accessories, may like something 😊

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Revolver said:

Hi I am using an Auris one as per attached photo along with a 17in Auris space saver. Jack fits Corolla fine as I had a tyre blow out. 

IMG_20210312_141735.jpg

Thanks - that's perfect.... looks identical to my Auris tools 👍

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

I'm genuinely surprised at how cheap the oem Toyota jack + handle and wrench are. The 14 quid standard delivery charge is a bit of a blow, but overall still good value.

BTW with reference to my original query - a search on the part no. 09111F4010 sometimes shows the corresponding CHR jack which has the flat plate rather than the slotted plate which engages with the seam on the sill on the Corolla. Thanks to all who have helped clarify the correct Corolla part 👍

5 hours ago, Rolando1 said:

Previous owner of my Corolla bought a spare wheel kit from these guys with a jack, ince it stops raining I'll send a photo of it.

https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/

Quick question - do you need a different type of bolts for space saver vs alloy wheel or can you use the same ones? 

41 minutes ago, delbois said:

Quick question - do you need a different type of bolts for space saver vs alloy wheel or can you use the same ones? 

I meant nuts (not bolts!) 

When I used my space saver original nuts fitted fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The nuts on your alloys should fit the space saver remember they are going on the thread that's on your wheel hub.

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2021 at 8:05 PM, delbois said:

I'm genuinely surprised at how cheap the oem Toyota jack + handle and wrench are. The 14 quid standard delivery charge is a bit of a blow, but overall still good value.

BTW with reference to my original query - a search on the part no. 09111F4010 sometimes shows the corresponding CHR jack which has the flat plate rather than the slotted plate which engages with the seam on the sill on the Corolla. Thanks to all who have helped clarify the correct Corolla part 👍

Well after all that faffing about with which type of jack to get ie slotted or 'dished with no slot' I decided to play safe and go down the Toyota Parts Direct route and order the correct part with the slotted head as clearly shown in the photo below. 

https://toyotadirectparts.co.uk/parts/toyota-corolla/corolla-mk12-2019-present/accessories-corolla-mk12-2019-present/toyota-corolla-2019-present-jack/

Sods law though - I've received one without the slot (I suspect it may be the CHR fitment?). You couldn't make it up! 

Screenshot_20210318-110421.jpg

• Sad 1

Of course Toyota Parts Direct isn't Toyota themselves, but a service from a Toyota dealer, Fish Brothers. They have a similar branded website for their other franchises such as Honda (Honda Direct Parts).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Of course Toyota Parts Direct isn't Toyota themselves, but a service from a Toyota dealer, Fish Brothers. They have a similar branded website for their other franchises such as Honda (Honda Direct Parts).

Thanks for the clarification Mike.... nonetheless I would have still thought it was a safer option than eBay etc, esp as the description and photo were of the correct part. It'll be interesting to see how they rectify their mistake - always a good test of customer service. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, delbois said:

Well after all that faffing about with which type of jack to get ie slotted or 'dished with no slot' I decided to play safe and go down the Toyota Parts Direct route and order the correct part with the slotted head as clearly shown in the photo below. 

https://toyotadirectparts.co.uk/parts/toyota-corolla/corolla-mk12-2019-present/accessories-corolla-mk12-2019-present/toyota-corolla-2019-present-jack/

Sods law though - I've received one without the slot (I suspect it may be the CHR fitment?). You couldn't make it up! 

Screenshot_20210318-110421.jpg

I've received a reply from Toyota Parts Direct to the effect that the jack IS the correct on for my car and that the (wrong) photo on their website was 'for reference only' and therefore shouldn't have been relied on. I've asked them to update the picture to show the item they actually supply to avoid others being mislead. They've offered to supply an older 'slotted' version at a cost of >£40 incl postage and accept a return on the current one, subject to me paying postage (which would be more than the £8.48 refund) .

Onyhoo...what to do? It's back to my original question... does it matter which type of head the jack has? My initial concern arose out of reports on this forum a few years ago about Auris's having their sill seams flattened by tyre fitters using jacks without a slotted puck.

Anyone with a factory supplied space saver and jack who can confirm what Toyota supply with a 2019-onwards Corolla TS??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links