Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Headlights and Other ....

Hi

New in the Auris forum, be gentle.

I was looking for an Avensis Business Edition plus auto petrol but the older petrol 1.8 auto ones are scarce particularly the saloons so I have started looking at the Auris Excel. It is a smaller model but I do like the manual handbrake rather than the potential problems with the electric handbrake.

My T25, whilst I love the car has crap headlights and despite bulb upgrades is still poor so I would like the Bi LED headlights of the Auris.

My questions

1.Are these headlights really good-I would hate to buy one and still be disappointed.

2. The 1.2 engine seems to have similar acceleration to a T25 but is this an underpowered car?

I would have liked autonomous emergency braking but this does not seem to be available on any spec Auris, although I have not looked at the hybrid models as elec does not interest me.

Any particular thing to look out for on a 15 plate CVT Auris.

Facelift Auris has TSS available which includes autonomous emergency braking. The LED headlights are pretty good in my experience. You'll need an Excel spec car to get them though if memory serves.

Thanks for info, that is encouraging. What year did the facelift happen & what is TSS?

5 minutes ago, sproutdreamer said:

Thanks for info, that is encouraging. What year did the facelift happen & what is TSS?

Sometime in 2015. My Auris was first registered in April 2015 and is pre facelift and no TSS. TSS stands For Toyota Safety Sense. Auto Braking, road sign recognition, self parking. And believe lane assist warning. Some only available like parking on Excel trims.

James.

Thanks James - the only TSS I have found are on the Excel Estates and not keen on an estate so I will keep looking.