Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Acceleration

Jackson Bryson

Hi I have a 2007 aurus deisel,taking off in firstis very slow as is second ,but once speed is met it's fine, black smoke coming from exhaust, had all filters changed, oil extra but still same.Nothing coming up on diagnostic,thought maybe map sensor,or lambard sensor but I don't know enough about cars to be sure,car isgreat otherwise but took it to two mechanics ,took quick to tell me how much are you willing to spend on it to find cause,I'm better off selling or trading it in ,can anyone advise please,can't afford new car ,body work ,frame,exterior ,interior all great ,Help

Hey,

You might want to check your DPF or maybe injectors but i doubt it

I  no nothing about cars,relying on YouTube,internet I'll look this up thanks for getting back ,appreciated 

11 hours ago, Mariosskoutaris said:

Hey,

You might want to check your DPF or maybe injectors but i doubt it

I don't think that a 2007 Auris will have a DPF.

Black Smoke indicates over fuelling on a diesel. MAF (Air flow sensor), EGR or injectors maybe? I'd expect a problem on any of those to throw a code though.

Cheers ,for that ,I'll check sensor .

Put car on diagnostic ,nothing came back as faulty,I will check maf sensor and EGR thanks,and had a look at link ,cheers tigit,everything points to, MAF ,or EGR,possibly injectors,and worst case scenario turbo, but thanks for insight, to possabilities, much appreciated guys

I'll preface this with saying I'm not familiar with the Toyota diesels. On the Skoda diesel I used to run unplugging the MAF would make the ECU run in a safe mode. So might be worth trying as a troubleshooting step, see if it improves.

Possible it's the turbo, but they usually blow out white or blue smoke when they're failing. Possible boost leak, but I'd expect any competent garage to have checked the hoses when it was in. Again, in VAG/Skoda land you'd get a code thrown when the boost pressure was out of the expected values.

Will do great ,thanks,this is my girlfriend car,uses it for work,didn't feel safe,give ways,hills ect,she bought new car yesterday,if i can sell the aurus for her then great,but don't want to give this to anyone especially if kids are in car,the problems too dangerous to have car on road,would love to get to bottom of prob,rather selling it for parts,too good a car,thanks for all the help.

This car might need some egr, maf sensors cleaning, perhaps been used in short town trips which is most common issue with all internal combustion engines. Manual cleaning, or adding some fuel additives and taking the car for a 40-60 min motorway run might make a significant difference. No need high speed or extra load, just keep driving at higher rpm to make exhaust system work longer time at higher temperature to burn all carbon builds up. If it’s too bad might require dismantling and properly cleaning which will be ideal. This is for all petrol and Diesel engines , lockdown plus cold weather, older cars there are already few posts about similar issues., sounds pretty normal to me. 👍

Magic boy,was given link by tigit which shows unplugging maf sensor ,and engine cutting out that there was probably no fault with maf,obviously that only works with skoda ,but haven't tried it yet,will do tomorrow, I'm trying to use common sense as well as investigation, everything points to fault with maf ,I cleaned maf, reinstated it then took car for long drive keeping over 40 mph ,helped a little with exhaust not smoking as much ,car driving well other wise,but the acceleration just same,in firs,and second,no power instantly,had to build up speed then takes off,so the injectors work eventually and are strong but no immediately 

I found that when my diesels over 5 years old did this. Putting redex diesel in the tank helped clean the injectors. Black smoke is bad. Blue smoke is dirty injector. 

I'm not familiar with the Auris diesel but on other makes I've owned (pre dpf) over time a build up of sludge can happen in the inlet tract between the rgr valve and manifold, and into 2manifold as well. This is a mix of soot from the exhaust mixed with oil vapour from the crankcase. This can severely reduce airflow and cause rich or smoky running. My spare Astra diesel was marginal on emissions tests until I cleaned this out and now runs beautifully clean

• Like 1