Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

UC battery

gt3000

Firstly, apologies - long time owner and never been on the forum 'til now..!

Purchased my 2wd petrol UC Oct 2012 at 9mo old - think it was a lease repo and paid £10,500 back then.  Was on a Toyota service plan 'til last year.

Has been faultless, a workhorse and very, very economical to run.  I don't do much mileage on it (didn't use it for work commute), and still only clocked up 32k.

Beginning to show it's age with the odd grumble now, but it has been so good to me that I can't begrudge it some TLC. Also had it's first minor accident recently due to my own stupidity, so it is no longer virginial...

I should say all my mates took the pi$$ out of the car since I got it, in a good natured way.  On my part, I have sang it's praises and hyped it relentlessly to them to balance things up.

Now it is older, I am realizing that parts for such a 'rare' car will become an issue..

Enough of the waffling - I am genuinely at a loss with replacing the Battery.  The original has no model number and the measurements don't match any standard sizes.  The manual doesn't advise, websites to check don't list it, and even the dealership said 'not sure, bring it in'.  Does ANYBODY know?? I'd be very grateful for your thoughts.

You need Toyota part # 28800-YZZFA @ £95.82 for 1.33 with stop/start ( Shares with 1.33 Auris. Verso-s & Yaris )

• Thanks 1

If it is as Devon Aygo suggests then it is an '027' outline (its physical size) Battery. Does it look like this:

• Thanks 1

Thanks Devon Aygo - a quick search with that Battery shows what looks like an exact match.  It's pretty non-descript otherwise and does not seem to be any standard Battery size for reference..

Mooly, first thing's first - how is the underside of your car so immaculate?  Wow, lovely.  I think an 027 will fit, but the dimensions of the OEM fitted Battery are slightly different.  I might try an 027 as they are pretty common and easy to get.

Funnily enough it seems Stop/Start system is only very marginally economical - more parts to go wrong, more expensive battery and the ECO odometer shows that it has only been in ECO engine ff mode for 34 mins in the 33k miles driven.. I guess it was more about emissions tests and CO2 rating..

Thanks 🙂 Garaged and only dry weather use is the key. 

As to your Battery, it is very important you get one that is suitable for stop/start operation which means an EFB (enhanced flooded battery) or an AGM (absorbent glass matt) and not a ordinary traditional type as that would have very short life with the Stop/Start and its different charging regime. The standard fitment on mine was EFB, and I replaced it with an AGM.

I have to agree on the limited usefulness of Stop/Start on the Auris and particularly if you have heating or Air con in use which limits the stop time to around 25 seconds. With those off it is many minutes. With my new Battery it does at least work every single time I pull up  which makes a change tbh, it wasn't that 'good' even when new 11 years ago. 

It is (was) all about emissions and enabling the overall official rating to be that little bit better and so I assume push it into a slightly more favourable tax band.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links