Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris Service Plan

Mikebh50

Hi

Quick question have just ordered a new Yaris Design and the dealer is sorting a quote for a service plan which he is saying is  around £750 for 3 years services. Is this correct as seems rather hi but as never having had a hybrid before I am not sure. They are also pushing the Toyota smart repair has anybody else had this and is it worth it.

Many thanks for any help or advice

Mike

Haven't seen the cost of services for the current Yaris. Servicing should be every 1 year or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. An Intermediate service is due at year one/10,000, year three/30,000, etc, and a Full at year two/20,000, year four/40,000, etc. So a three year service plan should have two Intermediates and one Full.

Check with the service department what the cost of the Intermediate and Full services are, and then consider. Service costs for hybrids are usually no more expensive than for petrols.

Bear in mind the current Yaris uses 0W-08 engine oil, which may be quite expensive, and is currently unique to this model.

Intermediate services are/were about £170

Full service is about £360

Does the £750 include MOT at year 3 ?

Smart repair, along with ‘tyre cover’ are the things all dealers try and upsell to you.

Very much depends how many ‘knocks’, ‘dents’ and punctures you expect to get ?

Ok thanks for the reply's will see what the service plan includes when we get the quote. Have had our 18 plate Yaris since new and no marks or dents . I am the one who parks the other end of the car park.

Mike

We also park the other end of the car park, but when we return to the car, often someone has parked next to us.

• Haha 1

Hi 

Just had service quote £682 for first 3 services but does not include MOT for last one. Did notice they charge a £1.20 a month admin fee so service are actually £640 . But I suppose at least the price is fixed with the plan.

Mike

My Service Plan's initial quote for 36 months including MOT at the 3rd year point was £625. I ended up getting a massive discount of £465 ("for being a good customer" - it's my third Yaris Hybrid from them) and eventually paid a total of £160 for mine. (there was no "admin fee" showing on my contract)

5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

We also park the other end of the car park, but when we return to the car, often someone has parked next to us.

Not only me then! Not every time, but at a supermarket etc., park as far away from the entrance as possible where there are many surrounding empty spaces. Return to car and, in spite of the still numerous empty spaces, someone has parked next to mine?

I'd like to know the psychology as to why?:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, mrpj said:

Not only me then! Not every time, but at a supermarket etc., park as far away from the entrance as possible where there are many surrounding empty spaces. Return to car and, in spite of the still numerous empty spaces, someone has parked next to mine?

I'd like to know the psychology as to why?:rolleyes:

It's the herding instinct in play...it appears they think your car must be lonely..:biggrin:

2 hours ago, CPN said:

My Service Plan's initial quote for 36 months including MOT at the 3rd year point was £625. I ended up getting a massive discount of £465 ("for being a good customer" - it's my third Yaris Hybrid from them) and eventually paid a total of £160 for mine. (there was no "admin fee" showing on my contract)

Hi 

We are going to pay the cost up front so we don't pay the amin fee. We couldn't get a deal on the service plan as we had already managed to get them to do an excellent deal on the car so can't have it both ways.

Mike

We have what must be a 3 acre car park near here ,big enough for the local driving schools to use for tuition.

Hundreds of empty spaces, but same thing park anywhere on your own and magically another car appears in minutes choosing to ignore all the other empty spaces.

New Yaris service prices remain as per last model:

Intermediate £165

Full £295

Servicing is every 10,000 miles / 12 months and alternates intermediate, full, intermediate, full .....

5 hours ago, Mikebh50 said:

Hi 

We are going to pay the cost up front so we don't pay the amin fee. We couldn't get a deal on the service plan as we had already managed to get them to do an excellent deal on the car so can't have it both ways.

Mike

Due to a very costly (for them) mistake which nearly lost them the sale of a £20grand+ car, we actually did get both! (excellent trade-in on the old car, excellent price for the new with some goodies thrown in and, as you've already seen, an excellent service contract. So, it is possible sometimes... (to get both) 

10 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

New Yaris service prices remain as per last model:

Intermediate £165

Full £295

Servicing is every 10,000 miles / 12 months and alternates intermediate, full, intermediate, full .....

Ok we have been quoted £170 & £300 so very near .

Mike

On 3/15/2021 at 9:38 AM, Mikebh50 said:

18 plate Yaris

Just bought one of these (Hybrid) from a Toyota dealer.

Service plan for 3 years, 2 main + 1 minor services, £780.

Checked the Toyota service costs on the Toyota UK website ... £750 total.

Both excl. MoTs.

I think I'll PAYG.

One benefit of a service plan is that your service costs are fixed at the time you take out a plan. Your choice.

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

One benefit of a service plan is that your service costs are fixed at the time you take out a plan. Your choice.

But with current inflation rates ... ?

I have/had two plans from other makes recently and both offer some actual benefit/discount on the standard service rates. The Toyota, or their dealers', offering seems somewhat parsimonious given that you are effectively saying you won't shop around.

1 hour ago, MikeSh said:

But with current inflation rates ... ?

Really inflation doesn't have an effect on whether or not companies increase costs. In recent weeks Virginmedia, Sky, etc have increased their prices by up to a fixed amount per year.

With previous Toyota service plans I've had, the dealer has included additional benefits including a percentage off parts, accessories and labour rates for additional work. So it can depend on the dealer whether or not they offer other benefits  with service plans.

Hi, I got first 2 services thrown in with purchase deal, and have paid £299 for next 2, incl MOT's.

2 hours ago, Bomber209 said:

Hi, I got first 2 services thrown in with purchase deal, and have paid £299 for next 2, incl MOT's.

Starting to think I didn't get such a good deal on the car now lol. We got a design  in grey with a £1000 deposit and traded our 18 plate Yaris Icon tech in and we are paying £201 a month on Pcp.