Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help with usb connector - Yaris 2010

amron

Hi,

In the glove compartment of my 2012 Yaris, there is a usb connector (along with a 3.5mm jack socket). I've tried to find to where it's connected (the usb) but unfortunately, didn't managed. I guess it's not connected to the radio. any idea to where it's connected? the radio installed is Panasonic model 86120-0D640, that as far as I know dosn't have a usb input.

usbyaris.jpg

Have you tried connecting your phone with a cable, maybe it’s a charging point only. I just guessing.

• Like 1

I guess that the +5V to the usb will be there, either way, so I'm afraid it will not indicate. another guess is that it's indeed only a charging point since the radio isn't a multimedia head unit, just a radio with a cd player.

Have you looked at the back of the radio it's a square grey plug - Hint it's the only grey plug

Helpful as ever... I believe that's the plug you're referring to. any Idea where I can buy the female part that the plug will fit into? I don't want to cannibalize the original cable?

usb connector.jpg

Female part ? Do you mean the plug, you can get them but you need to look for the leads (be aware Toyota uses 2 different pinouts) i would suspect the USB port it's self is the issue

86190-0d030

The plugs are JAE MX49A, i have the pinouts if required

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Female part ?

I refer to the gray plug on the end of the cable, as the "male" (the terms are mine and I might be wrong) that connects to the "female receptacle" located on the radio's rear panel. so, what I'm looking for is this "female" part, so that I will not need to make improvised connections to the original cable. I hope that I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel, and it's possible to acquire such a part.

Thanx.

It can be both ways, a socket is usually male (with pins) and the plug is female with receptacles as in nature 😉

In this case keep it simple, the socket is on the radio, The plug is on the lead

What country are you in ?

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

Israel. if it's not too much a trouble, could you send me/upload the two versions of the pinouts?

Thanx.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links