Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2 month old corrolla ST 2.0 design, noisy phone system, road noise and stone chips

jukie

On 3/18/2021 at 5:13 PM, jukie said:

is it normal when speaking on the phone while driving for the other person to think you are in a windtunnel. everyone I speak to while driving complains about the background noise, the noise is the same on the other end wether I am doing 10mph or 70mph. Initially I thought it was related to the road noise (loudest car I have ever driven) but it would seem not.

I also have a few stone chips on the front lower spoiler after a couple of thousand miles, as do others in the fleet, all new cars , no chips anywhere else , I may just be unlucky or there could be an issue with the paint etc.

Also I wish i had researched the size of the fuel tank before ordering ..its so small

Update

front bumper now replaced by toyota UK, not sure if I will hear of the test results from the inspection they do on the removed bumper but if I do i will update on here.

The phone noise heard by the recipient of my calls is fixed...microphone/map light unit replaced .

Road noise is still there of course , tyre pressures are correct, guess I will have to live with that

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 5:13 PM, jukie said:

is it normal when speaking on the phone while driving for the other person to think you are in a windtunnel. everyone I speak to while driving complains about the background noise, the noise is the same on the other end wether I am doing 10mph or 70mph. Initially I thought it was related to the road noise (loudest car I have ever driven) but it would seem not.

Can't help with the paint but there is a known issue with the call quality and a field fix via bulletin from Toyota:

Ref: G-00469T-TME

Subject: Field Fix Method : Hands free calling poor voice quality (Map light microphone)

Area of Application: All Markets

Models – Model Codes: Corolla - MZEA11, MZEA12, MZEH12, NRE210, ZRE210, ZRE212, ZWE211, ZWE213 ;

Description of the phenomenon: Some customers may experience and report poor voice quality during hands free calling, for the person receiving the call from the vehicle. The call quality inside the vehicle is ok, but for the person on the call not in the car, the call quality is poor. External road noise enters the microphone from within the roof headling section of the car, due to poor sealing of the microphone to the map light body.

Field fix method to improve call quality: Add foam to the map light to prevent noise entering the microphone as per following instructions.

Speak to your dealer an reference the bulletin number G-00469T-TME

9 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Can't help with the paint but there is a known issue with the call quality and a field fix via bulletin from Toyota:

Ref: G-00469T-TME

Subject: Field Fix Method : Hands free calling poor voice quality (Map light microphone)

Area of Application: All Markets

Models – Model Codes: Corolla - MZEA11, MZEA12, MZEH12, NRE210, ZRE210, ZRE212, ZWE211, ZWE213 ;

Description of the phenomenon: Some customers may experience and report poor voice quality during hands free calling, for the person receiving the call from the vehicle. The call quality inside the vehicle is ok, but for the person on the call not in the car, the call quality is poor. External road noise enters the microphone from within the roof headling section of the car, due to poor sealing of the microphone to the map light body.

Field fix method to improve call quality: Add foam to the map light to prevent noise entering the microphone as per following instructions.

Speak to your dealer an reference the bulletin number G-00469T-TME

Thanks, I have reported( in my post above yours) that its fixed, they replaced the whole unit and sealed it and bumper has been replaced

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links