Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Brake System for my Lucida

Pete Dean

Hi everyone.  Pete the newbie here!!  I have had my Lucida for ten years now, and never had to do any work to the brakes in all that time - until now!  The rear shoes are very worn, and the cylinders have had to be cut off in order to detach the brake pipes - unbelievably rusty, so all to be renewed.  Therein lies my problem.  My local supplier cannot find ANY brake parts for my vehicle, as it is all done by registration on his system, and either the car is too old, or it's because it is a 'grey' import.  So can anyone help?  I need rear brake shoes, cylinders, and flexipipes.  The pipes would be fairly standard, I would imagine, just depending on length, but the shoes and cylinders will need to be compatible, maybe from another model. perhaps??  I hope someone on here can help!!

Hello Pete  - welcome to Toyota Owners Club. 

Moved to the Estima forum.

Might be worth having a word with Gary @ GT Motors, Newton Abbot, Devon.....he knows these vehicles well and might be able to give some advice.

http://www.gtmotors.co.uk/index.php

PM me your Vin/frame number, so we can cross-reference from the oem numbers

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RUToyota said:

Might be worth having a word with Gary @ GT Motors, Newton Abbot, Devon.....he knows these vehicles well and might be able to give some advice.

http://www.gtmotors.co.uk/index.php

Cheers for that, my friend.

22 hours ago, flash22 said:

PM me your Vin/frame number, so we can cross-reference from the oem numbers

Hi there.  Thanks for coming to my rescue!!  Whereabouts will I find the number on the vehicle, as the one printed in the V5 doesn't seem to be correct - it's printed the same number as the engine number!  Putting this number into part search engines comes up "invalid" VIN.

Japanese domestic market vehicles don't have VINs, they have frame numbers. This is why, when you put the number into a website asking for the VIN, the site shows 'invalid VIN'.

14 minutes ago, Pete Dean said:

Hi there.  Thanks for coming to my rescue!!  Whereabouts will I find the number on the vehicle, as the one printed in the V5 doesn't seem to be correct - it's printed the same number as the engine number!  Putting this number into part search engines comes up "invalid" VIN.

Try the inside of the nearside wing...that's where mine is on my Estima.

A frame number starts with 3 letters then 2 numbers then 1 letter

eg. CXR20G-1234567

I have access to the full parts catalogue just PM me

As for location the plate is on the inner wing on the passenger side it may also be stamped by the front of the driver's seat (under a carpet flap) or on a sticker on the passenger door post

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

A frame number starts with 3 letters then 2 numbers then 1 letter

eg. CXR20G-1234567

I have access to the full parts catalogue just PM me

As for location the plate is on the inner wing on the passenger side it may also be stamped by the front of the driver's seat (under a carpet flap) or on a sticker on the passenger door post

The V5 says CXR - 0006866.

1 hour ago, Pete Dean said:

The V5 says CXR - 0006866.

And it's wrong!!  I've got the correct number - will message you.

If the frame number is wrong on the V5C, it won't be DVLA's fault but the person who completed the documentation to register the car in the UK - presumably the person or company that imported it into the UK.

22 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If the frame number is wrong on the V5C, it won't be DVLA's fault but the person who completed the documentation to register the car in the UK - presumably the person or company that imported it into the UK.

Yep, I reckon.  The two numbers after the initial three letters are missing!  I've got the correct one off the car.

Built - 09/1992

Model - CXR11G-RFSGX

Engine - 3CT

Rear shoes - 04495-35131 - BluePrint ADT34164

Cylinder seal kit - 04906-30100

or

Complete Cylinder - 47550-28020 - BluePrint ADT34453  FERODO FHW4241)

Drums - 42431-28050 - BluePrint ADT34714

12 hours ago, flash22 said:

Built - 09/1992

Model - CXR11G-RFSGX

Engine - 3CT

Rear shoes - 04495-35131 - BluePrint ADT34164

Cylinder seal kit - 04906-30100

or

Complete Cylinder - 47550-28020 - BluePrint ADT34453  FERODO FHW4241)

Drums - 42431-28050 - BluePrint ADT34714

Brilliant, thanks ever so much.  Do you know the number for the brake flexipipes, by any chance?

There are 2 type listed, a standard straight pipe that uses a fix line to the cylinder and a banjo type (what looks like it's for disc brakes)

they are also handed,

RH - 90947-02712

LH - 90947-02622

Look to be discontinued by BluePrint - you may have to get them made to order by the likes of Piratek or a Goodridge supplier

Edit. According to the spec of the cylinder the thread size is M10x1

Found the BluePrint number

RH - 90947-02712 - ADT353307

LH - 90947-02622 - ADT353170

Oddly ADT353170 comes back as left and right, so from what i can make out the oem part numbers are for different lengths

On 3/21/2021 at 12:49 PM, flash22 said:

There are 2 type listed, a standard straight pipe that uses a fix line to the cylinder and a banjo type (what looks like it's for disc brakes)

they are also handed,

RH - 90947-02712

LH - 90947-02622

Look to be discontinued by BluePrint - you may have to get them made to order by the likes of Piratek or a Goodridge supplier

Edit. According to the spec of the cylinder the thread size is M10x1

Cheers, very helpful.  There's a Hydraquip near me who may be able to put these together.