Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Mk1 06 Fuse problems

sjohn

Hi all,

I have a 06 Aygo 1.0 non AC with what appears to be an issue with fuses and any help or advice would be appreciated greatly. 

It would appear following a jump start and Battery change something went wrong. Since replacing the Battery the car will start however the following no longer works: - 

Power Steering

Battery light on

no brake lights

no radio 

no speedo

ABS light on. 

No interior light

And possibly a couple of other non functioning items. 

I have had a look at the small blade fuses and they seem to be ok. Where else should I look? I am thinking that perhaps there is a bigger fuse somewhere that has popped?  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :) 

Many thanks

There are some very large (100A) metal blade fuses in the under bonnet fuse/relay box, probably worth checking them too.

Hi Dave many thanks for the advice. 

I removed the fuse box and discovered the main 120 amp fuse has blown. I have found a few threads which indicate that the fuse box must be replaced. I am hoping that the wire holder can be removed from the fuse box and swapped over. 

Does anyone have a how to guide  please? 

19 minutes ago, sjohn said:

I have found a few threads which indicate that the fuse box must be replaced.

Not true, on another forum the owner replaced the 120A fuse with one of these from Amazon 120A fuse

Hi Dave,

many thanks for that, that will save a lot of work. I will order some and hopefully they will be long enough to between the two bolts. :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sjohn said:

Hi Dave,

many thanks for that, that will save a lot of work. I will order some and hopefully they will be long enough to between the two bolts. :)

Remember to disconnect the Battery first!!!

Hi Dave,

thank you for your help. Those flat blade fuses fit perfectly and the problem is now sorted, much cheaper and easier then changing the fuse box! Also had to replace a fuse for the radio but all is well now. 

Many thanks! 

• Like 1