Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2 Aygo clutch adjustment

J.P.

Can anybody advise me on how to adjust the clutch on a mk 2 Aygo please? It had a new clutch at Toyota 2 years ago and the bite point in second gear is right at the top

Have a look at You Tube, has most things covered.

Yeah, I’ve looked at that, and it’s all mk1’s, unless they’re the same?

Hi They are the same. I adjusted mine last weekend as the bite was at the top. You need small hands and it is tight in there slacken off the plastic nut. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Norfolkboy said:

Hi They are the same. I adjusted mine last weekend as the bite was at the top. You need small hands and it is tight in there slacken off the plastic nut. 

Thanks , is it from the top or underneath?

Access I find is better if you remove the passenger front wheel,make sure the car is properly secure on axle stand  and you can reach through to the adjustment nut. Remember the nut is stopped from turning by a pin and needs outer cable pulling to get round it.

Thanks for that, managed to use a mates ramp, done from underneath, knocked it back a few turns and it’s better, but it’s still a little high, but my mk1 was and I think they all are.