Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noisy front bearings or tyres??

Exvec

I bought two new front tyres a couple of weeks ago and of late i have been getting a low pitched rumbling coming from the front end which is the only way i could describe the noise.It is most noticeable from 40 mph up to about 60 ish.Its starting to get on my nerves now?anyone got any ideas or had the same problem?could it be coming from the front wheel bearings.

10 hours ago, Exvec said:

I bought two new front tyres a couple of weeks ago and of late i have been getting a low pitched rumbling coming from the front end which is the only way i could describe the noise.It is most noticeable from 40 mph up to about 60 ish.Its starting to get on my nerves now?anyone got any ideas or had the same problem?could it be coming from the front wheel bearings.

Yes, it could be a bearings. Best to get it checked with wheels of the ground for free play and noise while rotating, does it happened immediately after the new tyres were fitted likely to be from them. Sometimes new tyres  a noisier than old, some need some break in time and become quieter, over inflated tyres usually produce unpleasant noises too. 

• Like 1

Might be worth checking the tyre rotation tread pattern too

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A quick up date for you,i have changed BOTH front wheel bearings today,and the car has really quietened down immensely,if anyone needs a quick rundown give me shout.

• Thanks 1