Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hybrid 2012 Fan Filter Cleaning tips

Feroz

How should clean hybrid Battery fan filter on right of passenger side. My Auris hybrid is 2012 1.8...

Filters were not fitted until late 2014 so unless you have had a filter added there won't be one. Without a filter there is grate leading to a tube with a fan at the end this will likely be full of fluff/lint:

image.png.11a4cc5bc1c83769b4847151e1b4c75c.png

You will need to strip the tube and fan down clean it out being careful not to over spin the fan, once clean you can add a filter over the intake grate:

MK1 2010 - 2012 Auris - G92DH-12020

image.thumb.png.89fd17cf4dfd324084a82119a07681e6.png

MK2 2012 - 2014 - G92DH-12010

image.thumb.png.82ffec3a6f8e6257ec901d95069f1d69.png

With the add on filter you just pop it off and remove the captured fluff/lint

• Like 2

Hi, 

you will need to clean the fan instead as explained on the previous post., it’s not a very difficult job, you will need a plastic clip remover tool, and also you will need to undo the bolts of the rear seats backrest folded down, that’s pretty much. You can watch video for Prius and follow but take into account slightly different layout of the plastic trim and seats. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

57829af456eab_KojacAuris.thumb.PNG.b51ef5ea033fef791507a9455cdd3737.PNG

Going to be attempting this tomorrow - for the first time.

Any chance you could all assist with some guidance (and some pics/diagrams like those in the 2nd post?).

I want to attempt do this in a technically competent manner. I need to understand whats involved - what tools to use & what steps to take.

Finally - can anyone guide me as to which filters I need to buy - to add to the intake vent(s) - as I suspect mine has none.

My thanks to anyone willing to contribute.

Kojac

Have you looked on YouTube to see if any videos to help you.????

Genuinely - i've looked. 

Specifically for my Auris - I am struggling.

1 hour ago, Kojac said:

Genuinely - i've looked. 

Specifically for my Auris - I am struggling.

It’s easy job, all you need a tool box with 10, 12 and 14mm sockets and various length extensions. A screwdriver and preferably plastic trim remover tools. Rear seats backs needs to be disconnected from the brackets to lift off hv Battery cover on top to gain access to the fun, air flow duct etc. Some plastic trims also need removal next to the Battery in boot, moderate repair for an average diy man. 👍

How best to clean the fan. What equipment will I need?

42 minutes ago, Kojac said:

How best to clean the fan. What equipment will I need?

A can of compressed air, a soft medium paint brush or interior valet brush, soft toothbrush. Damp microfibre cloth for the air ducts. That’s all pretty much. Do not spray wd-40 or brake cleaner sprays or anything to the fan blades or bearings. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links