Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch up paint

GeoffG16

I've had my 2020 Launch Edition Yaris for two months (my third Yaris in 15 years) and am very impressed.  Annoyingly I have a 2" surface level scratch near a rear door.  My local dealer has told me that the touch up paint for this model "does not exist"! According to the dealer, the colour code is 3U7 and it's called "Coral Metallic", even though the brochures call it Tokyo Fusion Pearlescent.  ERA Paints in the USA seem to recognise the code but don't ship to the UK. Has anyone in the UK any ideas? Thanks.

Names of paint aren't important - the colour code is. In the past Toyota GB have used different paint names on different models for the same colour code, and some countries use different names as well. Eg my last Auris had Pure White paint (040) which is Super White in the US.

Your best off getting it colour matched, company like chips away will be able to do the job what is a few £££ on a £20k car

if you just want to touch it up for the time being paints4u do little repair kits

Give them a call or email

https://www.paints4u.com/default.aspx

I get people calling everyday giving me the most impressive of names for colours. The name is UNIMPORTANT, it's the code that matters.....oh and 3U7 is available from your dealer :thumbsup:

Where can I find the colour code on the vehicle.???

on the vin late or spec plate, location depends on the car

On the VIN plate, bottom row, usually says C/T and first 3 numbers/letters is colour code, next 4 after the / is the trim code

• Like 1

I had the same trouble as you when taking delivery of my launch edition. Dealer promised touch up paints but failed miserably.

I sourced the paint and top coat from https://www.paintnuts.co.uk/ this UK company could not have been more helpful.

They actually contacted an Italian supplier to confirm mixing settings for the Tokyo Fusion paint code 2SW. The roof colour can be sourced from Toyota.

Ironically, the paint was cheaper that if I had sourced from Toyota and of a larger quantity. I have only used it on a small test area under the Bonet but the match is perfect and the finish appear exceptionally durable.

I hope this helps.

2SW is NOT a specific paint code, it is the two tone code. This code is used to signify the paint spec, so 2SW is split into the two paints, 202 black and 3U7 for the red. You cannot order a 2SW and get both colours, you have to get both separately. Both are available from your dealer.........or me

The Black is actually Mica Black 209 (roof) and as for the 2SW; the code was sufficient detail for the company I use to source the mix and produce the paint.

I have both paints in my garage and know they are both correct as I my friend the Toyota Body shop Mgr has confirmed as such.

Sorry to be pedantic, but it is not 209, it is 202, it may well be good enough for a touch up area, but not correct for a larger area 

2SW.jpg

Thanks to everyone who replied!  I've been back to my local dealer who explained about the 2SW being a two tone colour car (thanks, Parts-King). He contacted Toyota "HQ" who did have the correct paint touch up pens available (3U7) but hadn't yet distributed the part number to the dealerships. End result, he's ordering the pen and clear lacquer for me and I should have them in a couple of days. 

• Like 1

Is it a water based paint?  My last car, not a Toyota, had a very different shade of blue, sufficiently rare that Halfords did not stock it and you could only get it through the company, the standard metal tube and brush.  I also got a set, possibly eBay, from the USA that was a water based fibre pencil and worked beautifully. 

Just ordered some Tokyo Fusion touchup paint from my local Toyota dealer - arriving in 3 days (hopefully based on what you say). Will update if arrives & if correct colour.😎

My touch up paint was delivered to my local dealer today.....when checked it's colour on bottle it called it Vivid Coral , on inspection of contents it looked a good match for my Tokyo Fusion colour. At £11.71 total price it was £4 cheaper than my last Cherry Red one.......🤑

Collected my touch-up set this afternoon - same description and price as AlfK : £11.71 - colour looks good, will try it over the weekend.

Don't you love the names. I bought a car, sight unseen but a really attractive colour - silver mink.  In the cold light of day, British Battleship Grey was more accurate. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Don't you love the names. I bought a car, sight unseen but a really attractive colour - silver mink.  In the cold light of day, British Battleship Grey was more accurate. 

I had a BL limeflower, more like cowpat green and there's that brown used by Austin in the '30s. Not allowed to use the word now, just as well Guy Gibson's dog died.

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Is that the one that has the really light coloured interior? Thought maybe easy to soil so decided on the rather sporty looking Launch Edition, which has rather too dark an interior for my liking, but as there was nothing in between I had little choice.