Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which way to park?

priusnoob

I normally reverse into a spot, but with my cat being stolen I'm not sure that's the best thing to do, if it means easier access? 

Would it be easier to access the cat if my car bonnet was facing the wall, or I would it be easier to access the cat if my car boot was facing the wall instead? (Currently I do this) 

Thanks 

2 minutes ago, priusnoob said:

I normally reverse into a spot, but with my cat being stolen I'm not sure that's the best thing to do, if it means easier access? 

Would it be easier to access the cat if my car bonnet was facing the wall, or I would it be easier to access the cat if my car boot was facing the wall instead? (Currently I do this) 

Thanks 

Bonnet facing the wall, minimum space around front doors. They usually lift up on left or right side or front. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TonyHSD said:

Bonnet facing the wall, minimum space around front doors. They usually lift up on left or right side or front. 

Thanks. I'll park "the other way" from now on with my bonnet facing the wall. 

Interesting, thanks - that'll take a lifetime to alter a habit.

Perhaps the ultimate would be to park, remove your wheels and let them try to get beneath..... 😄 😄 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, altocumulus said:

Interesting, thanks - that'll take a lifetime to alter a habit.

Perhaps the ultimate would be to park, remove your wheels and let them try to get beneath..... 😄 😄 😄

Haha. Yeah. I've gotten so used to parking so that my car is "ready to go" and now I'll have to do it the other way. I actually prefer to reverse park but hey ho

• Like 1

Haha, it's a good question, another suggestio n, perhaps you could put a moat around the car too!!😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just shows that the Citroen cars with hydraulic suspension were ahead of their time - lower the suspension down when parked, closer to the floor then a Prius.  Lovely ride as well. I owned a few Citroen’s with that feature.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, priusnoob said:

Haha. Yeah. I've gotten so used to parking so that my car is "ready to go" and now I'll have to do it the other way. I actually prefer to reverse park but hey ho

Reverse parking is easier and makes more sense into a confined space.

25 minutes ago, altocumulus said:

Reverse parking is easier and makes more sense into a confined space.

Agreed tbh. I prefer to reverse park. I think I'll have to NOT do that though now 😞

Good advise, I've thought about this my mate got his stolen just last week, you could deflate your front tyre!!, park over another paving slab perhaps, or if all else fails fit a big mousetrap to it - you mite at least be alerted to the scream!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, gezhenry said:

Good advise, I've thought about this my mate got his stolen just last week, you could deflate your front tyre!!, park over another paving slab perhaps, or if all else fails fit a big mousetrap to it - you mite at least be alerted to the scream!!!

A mouse trap is tempting 

Preferably one of them inhumane glue ones, so the thief thinks twice 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, priusnoob said:

A mouse trap is tempting 

Preferably one of them inhumane glue ones, so the thief thinks twice 

Try Magna Volt. Seriously. Let the insurance sort it out.