Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2.2 brakes

Bazgona

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have searched, anyway I've purchased new disc and pads all round for the car, was an advisory on mot, I'm waiting on delivery of the parts I've never worked on this car before but I've done brakes on others, is there any special tools needed for removing the calipers like a torx socket or are they just bolt and socket, and do they need a special caliper piston tool or can they just be pushed in with force, thanks

Hi, I have not work on diesel Auris but on hybrids and they doesn’t have any specific bolts, just standard 14mm spanner 17mm spanner and ratchet. For the pistons yes you will need to buy one that rotates and push as you will need it for the rear ones, on my car both sides goes in clockwise (turn to the right). Slider pins needs to be clean and lube with silicone paste, don’t go crazy with grease though. Make sure you clean very well the hub to bear metal before installing the new discs. , and never use any grease anywhere except the sliders. 👍Good luck 

2 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, I have not work on diesel Auris but on hybrids and they doesn’t have any specific bolts, just standard 14mm spanner 17mm spanner and ratchet. For the pistons yes you will need to buy one that rotates and push as you will need it for the rear ones, on my car both sides goes in clockwise (turn to the right). Slider pins needs to be clean and lube with silicone paste, don’t go crazy with grease though. Make sure you clean very well the hub to bear metal before installing the new discs. , and never use any grease anywhere except the sliders. 👍Good luck 

Perfect, thank you. 

I forgot that I had posted this a couple of years ago.  It's my Avensis but I think it's the same as yours.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bazgona said:

Job done, very easy, thanks for the advice

IMG_20210329_141249_667.jpg

IMG_20210329_141249_687.jpg

Good job! What make are the discs, look very cool and nicely painted, my one rust like crazy in just 1 year time., especially now with the lockdown restrictions. 👌

7 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Good job! What make are the discs, look very cool and nicely painted, my one rust like crazy in just 1 year time., especially now with the lockdown restrictions. 👌

There Mtec discs, with protective coating, always put them on all cars ive had or have, never had issues with them. 

• Thanks 1

I forgot that I had posted this a couple of years ago.  I was my Avensis but I think it's the same as yours.

• Like 1

I have no idea how my post (above) came to be posted twice and 5 hours apart.

I noticed it last night but I was unable to delete the second "ghost" post.

On 3/29/2021 at 4:07 PM, Bazgona said:

Job done, very easy, thanks for the advice

IMG_20210329_141249_667.jpg

IMG_20210329_141249_687.jpg

What special tool did you use to retract the piston before mounting the new disc and pads?

14 hours ago, rajivrattna said:

What special tool did you use to retract the piston before mounting the new disc and pads?

You can get one of these, they have all necessary bits for front and rear. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264926203338

14 hours ago, rajivrattna said:

If you are only replacing the front pads, there is no need for any special tools.  And, special tools are not required for many cars with rear discs.

What is it that you intend on doing?

On 4/1/2021 at 12:54 PM, Stivino said:

If you are only replacing the front pads, there is no need for any special tools.  And, special tools are not required for many cars with rear discs.

What is it that you intend on doing?

I asked with reference to Tony HSD's post where he suggests rotating the piston clockwise while pushing it in to make room for new brake pads. Does Auris have such pistons or are they the ones where you just push back with a clamp withot rotating it?

Front pads? rear pads?  Auris 1.2 2016?

On all Auris front callipers no need to rotate, but rear ones you have to., on hybrids they rotate clockwise both left and right callipers and on some other older models they are directional, left is anti-clockwise, or the other way around. . In this set there are two instruments for both ways and there is a larger attachment for the bigger front pistons, does the job easier than simple clamps and more professional, plus cost only £16., tools are the most important thing after knowledge in any business. 👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

0CC7F071-30E0-4D43-BF55-7A4F4AC6F188.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links