Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ridged boot liner above 'luggage tray' (which is above spare wheel)

BDP

Hi all – I’ve just bought a 2011 Toyota Auris (5 door) 1.8 Hybrid. It’s the Mk 1 model.

The boot has a space saving spare wheel and on top of that is what I think is called a luggage tray (see the attached image). On top of this ‘luggage tray’ is nothing, but it has a lip on it that looks like it could hold a ridged tray that would make the boot floor flat instead of this silly little weird indentation that it currently has.

If there is in fact a ridged tray I can put on top of the ‘luggage tray (if that’s what it’s called) I’d like to get one (I realise it will reduce the overall depth of the boot but a flat floor is what I really need).

Toyota Parts Direct have two things on their website that look like it could be what I need –

I don’t think it’s this one:

https://toyotadirectparts.co.uk/parts/toyota-auris/toyota-auris-mk-1/auris-mk-1-accessories/toyota-auris-2006-2012-trunk-liner-for-hatch-back-without-luggage-tray-above-spare-tyre/

but it could be this one:

https://toyotadirectparts.co.uk/parts/toyota-auris/toyota-auris-mk-1/auris-mk-1-accessories/toyota-auris-2006-2012-trunk-liner-for-hatch-back-with-luggage-tray-above-spare-tyre/

can anyone with a 2011 Auris hybrid help? I don’t want to order the wrong one (or either of these two if it isn’t actually ridged but is instead one of those tailored rubber mats that can be rolled up. I did get in touch with Toyota Parts Direct but they (slightly unhelpfully) gave me the part number – 5852D – for the carpet that fits in this space (see the attached diagram the emailed over).

Any direction is much appreciated.

Boot compartment pic.jpeg

IMG_1820.PNG

Toyota Direct Parts isn't Toyota themselves, but a Toyota dealer called Fish Brothers.

Yeah, I figured that out when I called them. Do you know what the part is?

3 hours ago, BDP said:

Yeah, I figured that out when I called them. Do you know what the part is?

Hi, you will need the part number 58582D which will fit over your existing low floor tray. But seems the number is same as for the carpet liner. If they don’t offer it might be easier to make one yourself from something like plastic list or wooden and cover it with thin carpet sound insulation. Sounds like a good diy project. 👍

The number by Toyota is 

58570-02100-C0

however you will need to confirm with vendor if will definitely fit. Found one £382 that’s crazy. Diy IMO 

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/auris-corolla-42429/zwe150-56086/zwe150r-dhxgbw-919321/deck-board-deck-trim-cover-17853512#/il-413513997-10333952-10333952

B3193E38-FAA9-4914-8205-5DD06198E18D.jpeg

• Like 1

The first generation Auris hybrid had a shallower boot than the petrol/diesel models as the hybrid Battery was beneath the boot. Think the bootliners you've pictured are for the petrol/diesel models.

Hybrid boot liner:

Toyota AURIS Hybrid 2010 - 2012 Boot Liner / Mat / Tray (Standard layout)

Petrol/diesel boot liner:

Toyota Auris Hatchback 3dr/5dr 2007 - 2012 Boot Liner / Mat / Tray (DOES NOT FIT HYBRID MODEL)

I had two petrol Auris from new (2009 and 2012) and both the boot liners I had were as the second picture.

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, you will need the part number 58582D which will fit over your existing low floor tray. But seems the number is same as for the carpet liner. If they don’t offer it might be easier to make one yourself from something like plastic list or wooden and cover it with thin carpet sound insulation. Sounds like a good diy project. 👍

The number by Toyota is 

58570-02100-C0

however you will need to confirm with vendor if will definitely fit. Found one £382 that’s crazy. Diy IMO 

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/auris-corolla-42429/zwe150-56086/zwe150r-dhxgbw-919321/deck-board-deck-trim-cover-17853512#/il-413513997-10333952-10333952

B3193E38-FAA9-4914-8205-5DD06198E18D.jpeg

Yeah, thanks, I was thinking I might have to DIY the job but I wanted to keep the weight down. There doesn’t seem much point in getting a hybrid and then loosing potential MPG to added MDF/plywood in the trunk. That potentially leaves cutting a foam/polystyrene block to size and covering with a plastic lid or rubber liner but I’m ashamed to say I’m getting a bit lazy in my years.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The first generation Auris hybrid had a shallower boot than the petrol/diesel models as the hybrid battery was beneath the boot. Think the bootliners you've pictured are for the petrol/diesel models.

Hybrid boot liner:

Toyota AURIS Hybrid 2010 - 2012 Boot Liner / Mat / Tray (Standard layout)

Petrol/diesel boot liner:

Toyota Auris Hatchback 3dr/5dr 2007 - 2012 Boot Liner / Mat / Tray (DOES NOT FIT HYBRID MODEL)

I had two petrol Auris from new (2009 and 2012) and both the boot liners I had were as the second picture.

Hi, that’s really helpful! I don’t suppose you remember/know if it was ridged enough to sit over the gap left by the luggage tray insert below?

The luggage tray insert was an option. On top of the insert would have been a tailored carpet with a board attached to the underside, and this provided the rigidity. The rubber liners were fairly flexible in order to fit through the boot opening, and they rested on top of the carpet/board.

22 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The luggage tray insert was an option. On top of the insert would have been a tailored carpet with a board attached to the underside, and this provided the rigidity. The rubber liners were fairly flexible in order to fit through the boot opening, and they rested on top of the carpet/board.

Thanks 

I agree with Tony. Make your own from 9mm MDF. Cut out a cardboard template and get out the saw!

Cover with some black (car) carpet and Robert's your mother's/father's brother.

To compensate for the extra mass, only fill your fuel tank 3/4! Or live with a reduction of 1/2 mile/gall.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrpj said:

I agree with Tony. Make your own from 9mm MDF. Cut out a cardboard template and get out the saw!

Cover with some black (car) carpet and Robert's your mother's/father's brother.

To compensate for the extra mass, only fill your fuel tank 3/4! Or live with a reduction of 1/2 mile/gall.

Yup. Thanks, it looks like that’s the way it’s going to go. Also, despite the added weight, I reckon wood’s preferable to polystyrene - at 500 plus years to degrade (and the jury’s still out on it actually degrading) it’s probably better??

I realise my own stupidity of talking about non biodegradable pollutants given the car’s already carrying 200kg of plastic, but there you go.