Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Airbag warning light

GraemeBW

After my Aygo (a 56 reg!) had been standing for about a month I see the airbag warning light is flashing. Have checked (carefully!) that no wires under the seat have come adrift, is there anything which sensibly I can do? Is there a common cause of this on Aygos?

After a month of sitting, I would take it for a long-ish drive to recharge the Battery. The light might clear automatically.

After this, if it doesn't clear, disconnect the Battery negative terminal for half an hour or so then reconnect.

If it still doesn't clear after this, get the code read/cleared and see if it re-occurs.

Thanks Tom. The local garage reset the error codes and that has sorted it for the moment. The Battery will have been low, so I hope that might have been the cause. If it happens again i will follow your advice on the Battery.

1 hour ago, GraemeBW said:

Thanks Tom. The local garage reset the error codes and that has sorted it for the moment. The battery will have been low, so I hope that might have been the cause. If it happens again i will follow your advice on the battery.

Glad it's sorted. Hopefully it was just a glitch and with a fully charged Battery you won't see the light again! I had the same problem with the power steering warning light once after starting the car several times in short succession, I think the ECUs are quite sensitive to Battery voltage.