Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Add OEM Reverse Camera to base model

ExpatFrank

Hello all,

I have the lowly Cool version of the 2015 Yaris Hybrid that didn’t come with a reverse camera. 

I swapped out the head unit and the kit I bought included connections for the OEM camera. I have a spot on the rear hatch where the camera should be and I see I can buy one on ebay but what I can’t figure out is how to get the cable that needs to be run from the cam to the head unit. 

The cams have this proprietary connector. Has anyone done this or does anyone have a part number for the cable?

Have a look in the tail gate and see if  the connector is there - it maybe taped to the loom, if it's not there you will need to wire it in, up through the tailgate, through the rubber into the car, down the C pillar, it needs to be run in shielded cable

you may find it easier to fit an aftermarket camera

PS. the wiring is part of the body loom

On 3/25/2021 at 4:16 PM, flash22 said:

You can fit remote start to any vehicle i suggest you speak to your insurance company as they may want an approved alarm on the car but that depends on your country/region

Kit wise look at kits from Toad, Cobra (now Cobra Vodafone) and Clifford

Just had a look these companies do a transponder bypass add on  eg. Clifford 556UW

http://www.clifford.co.uk/ProductPages/Accessories_556UW.html

28 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Have a look in the tail gate and see if  the connector is there - it maybe taped to the loom, if it's not there you will need to wire it in, up through the tailgate, through the rubber into the car, down the C pillar, it needs to be run in shielded cable

you may find it easier to fit an aftermarket camera

PS. the wiring is part of the body loom

So I just checked it and there’s a connector with three pins ... looks like that’s the one! Then I only need a cable from that to the camera, like 15cm. 

It will be the square connector for the camera if it's there otherwise its part of the tailgate loom

Yellow arrow - how many pins does this connector have if present

909600513_p130tailgate.thumb.jpeg.8f94ebf87b9d535ab8c0ab1f456118c9.jpeg