Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beeping noises in car

Louie

I have managed to ascertain the source of one series of two beeps in quick succession. The trigger is speed cameras being approached from the rear not from the front which is very weird. I have tested this time and time again and fixed speed cameras approached from the rear some distance away trigger the warning.  On a return journey approaching the camera from the front does not trigger any response weird or what.

Yes, 2 beeps half a  mile before passing a local speed camera on my nearside, no notification driving the other way.  Whether the system is set up on the assumption that speed cameras only look at one side of the road I'm not sure, but 'seems' to be the logic in the Corolla.  

I have a question:  On 2 or 3 occasions  I've heard 4 rapid beeps just after I've pressed a button on the right hand side of the steering wheel.  It's been night time each time it's happened and I 'thought' I had pressed the cruise reset but may have inadvertantly touched something else.  Anyone else experienced 4 beeps and what it is signifying?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rambler56 said:

Anyone else experienced 4 beeps and what it is signifying?

Sorry, can't help you with that, Les, but I'm smiling to myself here thinking we really need a comprehensive master list of beep codes to refer to!! 😅

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2021 at 12:56 PM, Louie said:

I have managed to ascertain the source of one series of two beeps in quick succession. The trigger is speed cameras being approached from the rear not from the front which is very weird. I have tested this time and time again and fixed speed cameras approached from the rear some distance away trigger the warning.  On a return journey approaching the camera from the front does not trigger any response weird or what.

That's interesting. There's a speed camera in a village near me that triggers a double beep but only in one direction. It does it when entering the village near where the camera is and doesn't trigger one when you're passing the camera on the way out.

Mind you I've disabled speed camera warnings anyway so it shouldn't be beeping at all.

6 hours ago, Rambler56 said:

I have a question:  On 2 or 3 occasions  I've heard 4 rapid beeps just after I've pressed a button on the right hand side of the steering wheel.  It's been night time each time it's happened and I 'thought' I had pressed the cruise reset but may have inadvertantly touched something else.  Anyone else experienced 4 beeps and what it is signifying?

Have a look at this topic.

When i first got the car there were so many beeps and bongs it confused me to hell.

My problem was in fact 4 bongs not three as the topic title. At the end of the topic is a Dashcam with audio.

It took Toyota UK and the dealer 9 MONTHS!!!!!! to come up with the explanation and its pants!

I think i posted a update and will post a link when i can find it.

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/188632-3-beeps/

13 minutes ago, PACorolla said:

Found it.

4 Bongs Toyotas best undocumented feature explained in the second entry on this thread.

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/194047-corolla-cruise-control-and-incoming-calls/?tab=comments#comment-153

I don't have the speed limit warning set, that would drive me nuts, or is it that this is something independent of that 'limiter' warning control i.e. the radar cruise control is doing it automatically when you exceed the actual limit (I've only been travelling less than 30 mph each time it's happened)?

8 hours ago, Rambler56 said:

I don't have the speed limit warning set, that would drive me nuts, or is it that this is something independent of that 'limiter' warning control i.e. the radar cruise control is doing it automatically when you exceed the actual limit (I've only been travelling less than 30 mph each time it's happened)?

Speed limit warning is independent of cruise control. The cruise control overspeed warning happens at just over 1mph above the set speed. Dashcam recording shows it happening at 28mph.