Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Right signal indicator not flashing on dashboard but lights work!

password1234

Hi all,

May be a really dumb question and easy for someone to solve

So when driving today i noticed that the Right Signal Indicator is not flashing in the dashboard when i indicated to go right

Yet when i indicate to go left it works perfectly fine

So stopped and decided to check to see if the lights were working in the front of the car and they both work when signalling either left or right

However just on the dashboard the right lights does not flash

Any suggestion? 

I have a Toyota Auris 2010

I have seen this crop up before on here. The culprits I believe are the small LED indicator lights on the panel, however these are not easily replaceable for the average user... it is classed as electronic repair and rework as the very tiny smd (surface mount devices) parts need to be unsoldered and replaced.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mooly said:

I have seen this crop up before on here. The culprits I believe are the small LED indicator lights on the panel, however these are not easily replaceable for the average user... it is classed as electronic repair and rework as the very tiny smd (surface mount devices) parts need to be unsoldered and replaced.

Thanks for that!

Would  this be a cause of MOT Failure do you think?

I'm stealing Mooly's topic here!

On a previous post, same topic, but different model of car, it was suggested that for the MoT you need an 'tell-tale' that the indicators are operating.

In your case (as it was in the earlier post), the audible indicator warning (clicking) will fill that requirement for the MoT, apparently.

• Like 1

...Actually, I've just stumbled across the thread that I mentioned above!  It was an Auris, same as yours!

This goes into some detail about what is involved in replacing an Auris dash LED:-

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/177017-dash-turn-indicator-light/

I've replaced a couple of the white LEDs on our later Auris, as Mooly says, it's not meant to be a user (or even a garage) job.  Some accurate, intricate solder skills are necessary, the dealers will look to replace the dash instruments as a complete assembly.

• Like 1

"A direction indicator ‘tell-tale’ can be audible or visual."

From gov.uk re MOT tests. See previous post(s).

I'm sure it's in there that for hazard warning there must be a tell-tale light and audible warning sound. Presumably there's no light when the hazards are on? Both L and R warning lights should work.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links