Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Verso 2016 how to remove the stereo head unit for repair


Recommended Posts

Hi,

New member here so hope this is the right place to post. I have a 2016 Verso and the screen on my touch screen on the stereo is broken and needs to be repaired. I have found someone who can hopefully repair it but they are not local and I have no idea how to get the head unit out. Can anyone help please? I have trawled YouTube but have come up blank so far. Pic attached for reference.

Thanks 🙂

IMG_1645.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiDxebUqdvvAhWbgP0HHYg5ATEQrAIoAHoECAQQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.toyotaownersclub.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F39027-corolla-verso-w58811-headunit-removal%2F&usg=AOvVaw3mYwhK84HuJ6ydSvPrsjBU
 

found this on the forum don’t know if it will help also not sure if it’s applicable to your car. it looks like you have to prise the two side wing panels off that are next to the head unit (one either side) then I would try and prise the top vents out and you will probably see retaining clips/screws on top of head unit and under the side panels.

use a trim tool which are available quite cheaply on eBay go carefully and do not force anything some trim panels pull outwards some pull upwards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aj2021 said:

Hi,

New member here so hope this is the right place to post. I have a 2016 Verso and the screen on my touch screen on the stereo is broken and needs to be repaired. I have found someone who can hopefully repair it but they are not local and I have no idea how to get the head unit out. Can anyone help please? I have trawled YouTube but have come up blank so far. Pic attached for reference.

Thanks 🙂

IMG_1645.jpg

Are not still in warranty, car had 5 years/100,000 miles 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Are not still in warranty, car had 5 years/100,000 miles 

Hi, yes still in warranty but accidental damage is not covered by the warranty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rosgoe said:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiDxebUqdvvAhWbgP0HHYg5ATEQrAIoAHoECAQQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.toyotaownersclub.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F39027-corolla-verso-w58811-headunit-removal%2F&usg=AOvVaw3mYwhK84HuJ6ydSvPrsjBU
 

found this on the forum don’t know if it will help also not sure if it’s applicable to your car. it looks like you have to prise the two side wing panels off that are next to the head unit (one either side) then I would try and prise the top vents out and you will probably see retaining clips/screws on top of head unit and under the side panels.

use a trim tool which are available quite cheaply on eBay go carefully and do not force anything some trim panels pull outwards some pull upwards.

Thanks, have just bought the removal tool off ebay 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Ă—
Ă—
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership