Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do other drivers treat you when you're in your Prius?

Wandering Vampire

1 hour ago, Wandering Vampire said:

These are great answer guys and I appreciate them. So if I buy a gen 2 from a dealer, what questions should I be asking? I know to ask if the battery has had a health check. Anything else specific to the Prius that I should be asking? 

A FULL TOYOTA SERVICE HISTORY IS ADVISABLE  H.

If you buy a Toyota approved used from a dealer you should get one year warranty on the car. Ask when the last hybrid health check was made and if there is any remaining hybrid warranty. Push them for a new 12v if you can. I did this to seal the deal in Doncaster for my second gen2. Don’t be scared to travel for the right car. 

Currently there is a red gen3 for £8k in York. 

On 4/1/2021 at 12:26 PM, Rolando1 said:

Do people accidentally get in the car thinking your an Uber driver?

This genuinely happened to me once.

12 hours ago, priusnoob said:

This genuinely happened to me once.

Often happened to me before lockdown, another reason to keep the doors locked every time I am waiting in my car. , and my one is Auris but in peoples eyes look like Prius and they always said to me., your car looks like Uber. 😉👍🚘

• 1 month later...

An interesting topic!  I live in Colorado, USA and a few people have asked me why Prius drivers here drive like bats-out-of-hell and it's true...I've seen Prius drivers going WAY over the speed limit!  Maybe they falsely assume the hybrids are gutless and once they have one discover the thrill of punching it and getting both engines going.   My friend has a Tesla and she took me to lunch and showed me what it does when they punch it....holy moly.....felt like being launched off an air craft carrier!!

• Like 2

Welcome Rick.