Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

where can I buy 12v battery for hybrid yaris

jayla

On 4/13/2021 at 9:58 AM, flash22 said:

It doesn't charge from the HV Pack its has its own DC to DC convertor within the Inverter

any heavy electrical load will start the engine inc the heater/AC set to hot or cold

MG1 is used for starting and charging the low side

MG2 is used as the main traction motor and HV charging

SO, flash22, explain for me, that when I am sat on a supermarket car park waiting for the wife do shopping, I put into ready mode and play some music via usb stick. In ready mode, but engine not in action, why does the hybrid battery slowly drop down untill to 2 or 3 bars left, and only then does the engine start and the hybrid bars start to rise, not a lot then the engine switches off.

Remember, Toyota recomend when not using the vehicle regularly (ie due to covid lockdown) you put the hybrid car into ready mode and leave on the drive for an hour or so. Doing this, they say, charges the 12v battery up. However, reports suggest during that "hour" the engine only comes on 3 or 4 times and only for a few minutes each time.

1 hour ago, jayla said:

guess what the battery is flat again when toyota checked it all over 2 das ago and said no issues.  

its reading 10v so cleary lost the charge

1 hour ago, jayla said:

guess what the battery is flat again when toyota checked it all over 2 das ago and said no issues.  

Oops, there is something that drains your Battery when the car is not in use, for the hybrid Battery yes does charge from dc to dc converter however the power comes from the hybrid Battery. , therefore can be said in both ways, at the end the bigger battery charges the smaller battery and the bigger battery gets its charge from the petrol engine. , the magic of the self charging hybrid that many people are hating it because the fossil fuel is at the base of all. 

let home new Battery works. newly forgot to take the breather tube out.  took me 45 mins due to doing like 7pm but I think toyota only charge 15 pound to change it. but I cant very asked  to book it in and then wait for it to be done. so just did it my self. dont use charger more then 3.5a on Battery.

please see pic 

20210414_194649.jpg

20210414_201429.jpg

FYI

I’ve been having 12v Battery issues during lockdown so took my Yaris Hybrid to a local independent garage last week to ask them to look into it.

Just heard from the mechanic today - there are no appropriate 12v batteries in the country - Toyota are waiting for them too - he’s tried every avenue but says I’m just going to have to wait.

Simon, you could do much worse then buy a CTEK 5 slow Battery charger. Can be used on AGM TYPE batteries and standard wet type. We each have a Toyota hybrid, and a few weeks ago after suffering flat Battery due to lack of use, I bought a CTEK 5, immediately put it to good use and brought both batteries up to a good state. The Auris hybrid, the 12v is in the boot and I know is an AGM. The Prius Battery is under the bonnet and a wet type. If you current battery is in a poor state, it could take more then a day to bring it up good, but with the CTEK 5 you can disconnect and set up again the next day and it will carry on from where it left off. Obviously if you have a garage to put the car you can leave connected until it’s done it full routine.

I got my CTEK 5 from Tayna in Abergele, north Wales, £66 delivered. Tayna are also a battery supplier, good reputation for service. It’s worth recharging your battery, an AGM battery for an Auris hybrid is £130 approx, twice the cost of a CTEK 5.

• Like 1

Have read of this thread Tayna and a few others have stock of the Yuasa (same Battery just not Toyota branded- Yuasa is the OEM)

Some price gouging going on 28800-YZZPC £200 on eBay up from £160 a week ago

Yuasa S34B20R £130-160 (£130 one may just be a pre order) on eBay

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/yuasa/hj-s34b20r/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links