Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre compressor

Pboyd3

Is anyone else a bit bemused with the quality of the little things ie the owners handbook the quality of the cover is terrible also the compression kit comes in bubble wrap? My previous car it was in a lovely kit. Think the attention to the little things are totally disregarded. 

It’s all down to the financial margins that manufacturers and dealers have to play with.

years ago the salesman gave the other half a bouquet of flowers even on used cars although I did get a cleaning kit when I bought the corolla.

its the same when you go on holiday you used to get a folder with the tickets etc, now you print it at home even the luggage labels for cruises (if and when that happens again)!

I know what you mean but I had a brand new kia sportage 2017 the attention to detail was amazing!! Decided to change to the CH-R (a more expensive car) and feel a bit let down tbh. Still questioning if I made the right decision, maybe should have just upgraded to a new sportage 🤔

There is no way of knowing if anyone from Toyota GB reads this forum.

I'm sure you don't need my agreement to confirm what you already know, but yes, the attention to detail on the Hyundai (the parent company) and Kia cars is impressive.  They look like they have been designed by someone who is obsessive (in a good way!), and are looking like a car company that is determined to win your approval.

Is there any way for your thoughts to reliably get passed up the Toyota hierarchy?  Not that easily, I suspect, hence you coming on here, and therein lies a problem (for them).  The quality of the boot trim in our Auris is very poor.  On a Hyundai i30, it looks like the boot floor would easily take my entire weight if I was to stand on it, and slots together with real precision!

But then, Toyota are currently the world's most profitable car company.  As Rosgoe touches on above; the accountants have the final say!

We've had three Hyundais and six Toyotas, and to be honest the quality of the owners manual are very similar. However with our latest i20, the multimedia/sat nav manual (650 pages) has more pages than the owners manual, which is a bit OTT.

Toyota don't visit these forums, so your best bet would be to use the contact pages on Toyota GB's website, or the Toyota Magazine website (formerly Toyota UK Blog).

Whatever I chose to drive, I buy a space saver or full sized spare for. The compressor and goo kit is therefore surplus to requirements. This approach does however mean that luggage carrying capacity is a little more limited but I take this into account prior to purchasing the car. The packaing of the compressor therefore doesnt matter to me quite so much. One thing which does impress me is when I find the the compressor can be used as a conventional compressor rather than a combined compressor/ goo dispenser.

There are of course some cars which have wheels on the front axle which are not compaible with the rear axle. Mercedes went through a phase of doing this and so I didn't buy a Mercedes.

Having waited on the hard shoulder for hours whilst the recovery man attended to ladies first ( a very commendable thing to do by the way),  I would much sooner change a wheel and be on my way without having to rely on roadside assistance due to damaged sidewall.

• Like 1